Travelflying to South East Asia: do I need a permit for gear? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old August 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Travelflying to South East Asia: do I need a permit for gear?

Hi,

In october I will be flying to Bangkok and aftherwoods to Cambodia with my videogear. my girlfriend has work overthere (at angkor watt) for about 6 months and I tought It was a nice oppertunity to shoot a documentary.
my gear: canon xhA1, wideangle lens, NTG 2&3 mics, the sennheisser G100 lavs, a small edirol R44 recorder, a LS 38 libec tripod, boompole + windshieldkit and headset.

as I am not a journalist or whatsoever I was wondering how the customs over there would see my situation. are the they gonna make me trouble? I was thinking of putting the camera, the mics and lavs, lens in my portabrace BKN1 backpack and taking it as handheld luagage and seperating the rest in the 2 bags from my girlfriend and me. do you think I will get away with this? or do I need a permit or something? were can I find this information?
thanks,

greetz Niels
Terwingen Niels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Major Player

No permit needed. Just make sure you have bill of sale to show when returning to Belgium. Copy will do.
Mind you it can get very hot at Angkor. 40-50 degrees.
Ann Bens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home