DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Home, Away From Home (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-away-home/)
-   -   Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-away-home/129399-show-off-your-wedding-event-post-production-studio.html)

Louis Maddalena September 5th, 2008 11:16 AM

Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!

So we all see your work, now show us where it is you work.

I'll start:

I am currently working on it, still cleaning, organizing, and such but figured i'd take a picture and show you the progress.

MobileMe Gallery

The computer is a mac pro 8x 3.0ghz 12GB ram there are 4 TB of hd's internal and 3 external. battery back ups, and a deck. There is also a macbook and a macbook pro on the left. Some cameras floating around, they are the ones I use often enough that I don't keep them away because i'll want to grab one quick and run and shoot.

Craig Demaer September 5th, 2008 01:02 PM

you and I have the same desk! *high five*
will post a pic when I get home

Matthew Ebenezer September 5th, 2008 08:27 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Cool setup Louis - and great idea for a thread.

Here's a few pics from my studio:

Pic #1 - Couches and viewing area
Pic #2 - My very messy desk(s) - my excuse is that I've been out of town for a few days
Pic #3 - The outside of our building - my office is upstairs on the 1st floor
Pic #4 - Studio space - we share the building with 2 photographers. I don't use this area much
Pic #5 - Different angle of the couches and viewing area
Pic #6 - A couple of pics stitched together
Pic #7 & 8 - Before and After shots from when we did the renovations

Here's a short timelapse from the renovations - Ebenezer Films Blog Archive New Premises - Timelapse

We're pretty lucky to have such a great space - our studio is located in a funky alley way right in the middle of town. I'd love to separate the areas for client viewings and where I work but people are pretty understanding - and it helps to sometimes show clients the equipment used in producing their videos.

Cheers! Can't wait to see more of other people's spaces.

Matthew.

Louis Maddalena September 5th, 2008 09:20 PM

Wow beautiful. Mine is still in my bedroom. It used to have its own room but we're doing contstruction so I had to move into my studio.. In any event I would love to have a studio not in my house like you, but I don't make nearly enough money.

Matthew Ebenezer September 5th, 2008 09:27 PM

Give it time. I worked out of home in tiny bedrooms for the first two years - we've only been in our current space for just on a year now.

Louis Maddalena September 7th, 2008 07:26 PM

only me and matt think this was a good idea? :(

Thought it would have been awesome to see your studios! take pictures!

Darren Smith September 8th, 2008 12:02 AM

my "office"

1 Attachment(s)
not much to look at really, although I'm planning a small reno shortly, just repainting to be rid of the yellow walls.
Matt, love your space, I may pop up to Toowoomba in the next couple of months, so if you're in town I might pop in, would love to talk shop. This room was a bedroom when we bought, but we needed an office, so at the expense of the guest bedroom there you have it, I converted the walk in robe to a soundbooth, as I occasionally do voiceovers as well.

I have to agree with Louis, can't wait to have a detached office, although it's likely I would still work from home just need to find a place with a detached shed or building.

Cheers
Darren

Matthew Ebenezer September 8th, 2008 12:45 AM

Looks good Darren ... brings back some fond memories of my old room and setup. Definitely let me know if you make it to Toowoomba, it'd be great to catch up.

Louis Maddalena September 8th, 2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren Smith (Post 930695)
not much to look at really, although I'm planning a small reno shortly, just repainting to be rid of the yellow walls.
Matt, love your space, I may pop up to Toowoomba in the next couple of months, so if you're in town I might pop in, would love to talk shop. This room was a bedroom when we bought, but we needed an office, so at the expense of the guest bedroom there you have it, I converted the walk in robe to a soundbooth, as I occasionally do voiceovers as well.

I have to agree with Louis, can't wait to have a detached office, although it's likely I would still work from home just need to find a place with a detached shed or building.

Cheers
Darren

I like the setup. I find that in order to have a nice studio you need to have a solid desk. It looks like I will have to buy one next time I have some extra cash flow. Everybody's desks are so nice when you can't see the wires under them.

Dawn Brennan September 8th, 2008 08:21 AM

A work in progress...

1 Attachment(s)
The future office/studio.... behold.

Couldn't resist posting since we are in the building stage, but I will be sure to repost when its done. They say by November we should be able to move in to our new home, and my home office/studio is one of my first projects to finish.

Matt Bishop September 8th, 2008 10:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my office that is already becoming too small, but it's where I meet all of my clients. We just work out of our home and most of the work (video) is done right here. We have some backdrops and studio lighting setup in the basement for photo but don't use it much as everything is usually shot on location.

Matt

Louis Maddalena September 8th, 2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Bishop (Post 930849)
Here is my office that is already becoming too small, but it's where I meet all of my clients. We just work out of our home and most of the work (video) is done right here. We have some backdrops and studio lighting setup in the basement for photo but don't use it much as everything is usually shot on location.

Matt

Very Nice! What are all the certificates for?

Matt Bishop September 8th, 2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena (Post 930976)
Very Nice! What are all the certificates for?

Those are a mix of award certificates and associations that we belong to. There are also the two college diplomas on the other wall. My wife and I both studied the overall field that we're in so I have those displayed also.

Louis Maddalena September 23rd, 2008 05:37 PM

booo my thread was a flop!

Jason Robinson September 23rd, 2008 06:01 PM

Holy LCDs batman.... that is a lot of huge LCD TVs!