DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Home, Away From Home (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-away-home/)
-   -   Video/Audio Retailer in Tel Aviv? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-away-home/235686-video-audio-retailer-tel-aviv.html)

Jase Tanner May 19th, 2009 09:58 PM

Video/Audio Retailer in Tel Aviv?

My searches haven't turned up much beyond rental houses. Can anyone make a recommendation and hopefully provide a link?

Thanks

Johnnie Behiri May 19th, 2009 10:42 PM

Hi Jase,
Let me know what you need and I will do my best to help.

Thanks.

Johnnie

Jase Tanner May 20th, 2009 10:41 PM

Hi Johnnie

Thanks for responding.

An on camera light is probably at the top of the list. Also XLR cable and perhaps a mike like an SM58. A source for Panasonic tapes if I run out would be good too. Just found this site, מצלמות דיגיטליות | מדפסות | סורקים | מחשבים ניידים | מקינטוש| תחרות צילום | אחים יוגנד 2000 a photography store. Its all in Hebrew which I don't speak, but there is a photo of an XLH1 so perhaps they carry some of the above.

Thanks again

Jase

Jonathan Massey May 21st, 2009 03:47 AM

Hey Jase,
For tapes there is really only one good shop. it is in Pinsker street 24, called מ. י. מערכות (m.y. maarachot). they are the cheapest and with the biggest variety. all they do is sell only recording formats... beta, dv, hdv, dvd, memory cards what not. and they are the cheapest place I found when I was there. it's a small shop but they have what you need.

As far as getting a decent light, my experiences in Israel were never good. your best option is via the internet. there are a few shops that sell video equipment, but their choice is really limited when it comes to on camera lights (actually really bad).

As for xlr cables, you can get them in any music shop (try Dizingof center, the local shopping mall, there is a music shop called kley zemer, but inside the shopping mall on the top floor there is an audio shop where you can get all the material to make a good cable). I always found making my own cables most rewarding as I could get the exact length I needed and I usually prefer 90 angle adapters to my camera.

As far as a sm58 kinda Mic. any major music shop has one. but if you are looking for something extra, or more versatile mic then you could try Jugend Bros. 2000. that is what your website you posted is about. Their address is Ben Yehuda St. 5. they have a pretty decent collection of stuff for prosumer videos. lights (they have some basic consumer style on camera lights, but none worth mentioning), tripods, mics, cameras, tapes etc. Their choice is pretty decent yet limited but it can help.

hope this helps.

Johnnie Behiri May 21st, 2009 06:55 AM

Hi Jase,
First let me say that Jonathan's information is great and very accurate! (thank you Jonathan!).

Light wise, try "abs broadcast" (A.B.S Altman Broadcast Services Ltd.) they are the one to have litepanels camera light (if you like LED light).

I don't know for how long you are going to be in Israel, and what is the nature of your project. Any way, it might be worth renting then buying some equipment. If this is the case, I can highly recommend "on air" (ON AIR :: Rental & Service Center for Broadcasting Industry). If you like me to, I am sure I can get you better then the usual rates there.

All the best

Johnnie

Jase Tanner May 21st, 2009 07:17 AM

Hi Jonathan, Johnnie

Great info. Thanks very much.

Jase