Las Vegas Rental Reccomendation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:10 AM   #1
New Boot

Las Vegas Rental Reccomendation

I've been hired by a local company to go with them to Vegas to shoot some video of an industry conference.

I'm going to ship out some of my equipment beforehand via UPS, but they need a 3 hr long product release/press release recorded. I want to rent a Canon XH-a1 and a Firestore or a EX-1/EX-3 and two, 32GB SDHC cards in Vegas and was wondering if anyone had a good experience renting from any vendors there that they could recommend. I've been a camera operator for several years now, but I currently shoot almost exclusively with the Canon 5Dmk II - this is one of those instances where it won't do what I need done.

Also, if you think there is a better camera rig to record over 3 hrs of video in one shot, delivering as high a quality as possible while maintaining a budget, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
Kyle Wullschleger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:11 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Try AV1 (Audio Visual 1) in Vegas. They are a large company with offices there, in FL and Chicago. Don't know if they have any of the cams you're looking for but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:25 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks!

I talked with them today and they were very helpful, however they didn't have exactly what I needed. I came across lensrentals.com, which I have heard good things about and may rent a Sony EX-3 from them with the necessary accessories, for a week, at less than 1/2 the cost for 1 day of the wrong equipment locally in Vegas.

Anyone have any experience renting from LensRentals.com or an operation like it?
Kyle Wullschleger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #4
New Boot

It's a long shot, but is your gig next week? (I'm going to be at a show their next week as well). Sorry, I don't have any rental recommendations.
Jason Goldberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home