International Money Making with Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old November 26th, 2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

International Money Making with Video

International Money Making with Video | Travel Video Store/sites/downloads

In this article I wish to discuss the options I am exploring with regard to increasing my revenue from video related activities as I travel the world. My original plan of relying on an increase in youtube adsense income, due to increased video turnout, has not come to fruition. So to keep the travel show on the road, I have to explore other options.

Thoughts please?
Mark Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: International Money Making with Video

You might create a footage pool which businesses at target destinations can select from and use for a fixed monthly fee on their web sites, e.g. any clips of their facilities or destination activities Offer editing services to pull together pool footage and any footage they own. Use Amazon WS for cloud storage to facilitate content delivery.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jim, nice idea. Do you use Amazon WS? Internet is not too fast in certain locations (I'm in Borneo at the moment) Could probably only load up short HD snippets
Old November 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Major Player

Not using it currently but it makes sense from several perspectives. You have unlimited storage at a reasonable monthly rate, it's safe (barring an EMP event), and it's distributed so there should be better, faster content delivery compared to the typical scenario of a web server sharing bandwidth with a large number of other web servers at a hosted location. They also offer cloud database services so you can effectively run and manage the site from the cloud. Use your hosted site as a gateway to the data.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Im going to look into this, sounds great. At the moment Im just buying more and more hard drives to store footage. This could be a solution to archiving projects, just upload the fcpX project and event
Old November 26th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #6
Major Player

Getty just made another money grab by changing the compensation formula for editorial images. I think that eventually the middleman is going to be replaced in favor of rights managed pools where creators will pay for hosting their own content and broker it through a centralized (possibly specialized) content engine such as I described.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home