Canon Dealer in Brisbane? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old June 18th, 2015, 08:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Canon Dealer in Brisbane?

Anybody know of a shop in Brisbane or the Gold Coast area that might have a battery charger for the Canon LP-E6 battery? I'm on travel and looks like my charger for the Canon 6D just quit.

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2015, 05:04 AM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Canon Dealer in Brisbane?

Hi Mark,

There should be quite a few shops that can supply this, and Photo Continental would have to be a well known store for all things photographic. They're not too far off the highway as you drive up from the Gold Coast to Brisbane.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM   #3
Trustee

Cameras Direct on the Gold Coast will have one for sure, they generally have the best prices in Australia too.

Not sure if we're allowed to post links but you can look them up pretty quickly - they are close to Harbour Town (one of the Gold Coasts biggest shopping malls).
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys. I checked with Photo Continental and they were out of stock on both the charger and the batteries. I think the problem is the batteries I bought in Korea about a year or so ago. The charger that came with my Canon 7D will charge them all the way but the one I am traveling with is what came with my Canon 6D, and that charger will not show a full charge on the after-market batteries I have. I found a few Genuine Canon batteries in my bag and those charge up fully, but are getting old. So, I'll be getting a few new Canon batterie$ if one of these places has them in stock. I came up from the Gold Coast today and will check a few local shops in Brisbane tomorrow before heading out to Tamborine Mountain. Man, I've been to Australia lots of times and coming to Brisbane this time of year is great. Most places I visit seem to be hot and super humid. This is perfect weather, for me anyways.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 05:52 AM   #5
Major Player

Hit up Ted's Cameras today and they were all sold out of my battery too! Weird.
Went to the next shop, digiDIRECT and they had 'em. Being's it was Father's Day recently, I picked up that Canon 14mm II f/2.8 lens I've always wanted but just couldn't pull the trigger on, until now apparently.
(As a bonus for this trip, a bar gave me a beer pull lever for my buddy's man-cave.)

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Canon Dealer in Brisbane?-vb-1.jpg   Canon Dealer in Brisbane?-batts-14mm.jpg  

Old June 23rd, 2015, 08:25 AM   #6
Equal Opportunity Offender

Awesome! The beer pull lever is totally worth it and will make your shoots even better. :-P

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home