editing swivel chair - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old October 21st, 2016, 03:22 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: editing swivel chair

Just thought i would post a update on my back problem after 10 years editing. I have now got the cheapest 15 pound swivel chair with no back which has made me sit up straight, yes sometimes i slouch then all of a sudden you remember again there is no back to lean back and then you sit up straight again. My physio cannot believe how much improved i am. From terrible pain and bad back i am now strong pain free and have started running again. So it may not be for everyone but i did study lots of feedback from editors who swear by the method of a chair without back rest. There you go.
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 01:54 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Having had a recurring back problem for years, I have specific exercises that I do daily and that's the key to success as far as I'm concerned. A lot of the exercises involve lying on my back with my eyes closed, so this has the added benefit that I can relax my eyes and brain for 30 minutes or so an this is a great break from editing.

The other thing I do is have the laptop I use for going on-line is set away from my editing computer and if I'm editing, I don't have a chair. This gets me on my feet and also discourages me from spending too much time on-line.

I think I might have a word with my excellent physiotherapist about us making an exercise video for editors.
Old November 5th, 2016, 01:33 AM   #18
Trustee

Nice one Ray
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home