Anyone using the EZ Jib? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #1
New Boot

Anyone using the EZ Jib?

I have been a Jimmy Jib owner/operator for 5 years but lately there has been a need for a smaller jib that sets up in just a few minutes so I am looking at the EZ Jib, not the Jr. What I need to know is how long does it take for set up? what issues there might be with this model? and any other tidbits if useful info. I had looked at the Jony Jib but the set up time looks about the same as if I were to use the JJ at a shorter length. Thanks is advance for any help.

www.kyvideoservices.com
Becky Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Becky, I'll chime in since no one else has yet. I don't own the EZ Fx jib, but I used one at a our local studio, and checked it out extensively at the NAB show this year. At the studio, its always left setup, so I can't attest to the setup time. It seems pretty straight forward though, its only a couple of pieces to put together. It is extremely sturdy. In my opinion, it seemed the most well built jib in its class at NAB. The 6 foot model has no bounce to it, and feels super solid. A lot of other jibs didn't.

I think for the money they're worth it, I just haven't had a justification for one yet, but will probably get one some day.
Bert Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I own a full size EZFX jib with most of the bells & whistles.
For more information refer to my post in the section on "Crane Comparisons", page 2 post #20. In a nutshell, I use it several times a year, mostly for live events and some music videos.
Basic setup is quick but if your going to use the motorized pan & tilt head along with a monitor, etc., give yourself plenty of time for set up and testing.
Allen W.
Allen Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms