Kessler Crane - Test Run at Wedding - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #16
Sponsor: Kessler Crane
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Webster, IN
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
Any footage to share yet? I'd love to see some of the Kessler in action. I am considering one (though with out any mechanized head for financial restrictions).
Hi Jason. Check out the Video Gallery on our website. There is a lot of customer submitted footage of the crane in action.

http://video.kesslercrane.com

Thanks
__________________
Kessler Crane™
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Chris Beller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #17
Trustee
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Beller View Post
Hi Jason. Check out the Video Gallery on our website. There is a lot of customer submitted footage of the crane in action.

http://video.kesslercrane.com

Thanks
I've seen all of those samples (many times actually). I'm more interested in how the crane works with a wedding shoot. The kinds of shots it could get, etc. I have essentially two uses in mind for the immediate future, and a third should my business survive; Weddings, real estate, and live events (large auctions, concerts, etc).

Is it possible to buy the smallest version and then buy extensions to turn it into the largest version, or are there specific upgrade paths that determin the biggest crane you can get if you start with "X" where "X" is one configuration and "Y" is a different configuration. My most likely purchase path would be to start with the shortest crane possible (though with friction brake) just to get some vertical motion in my shots. Then should it pay for itself in business, may be a year from now to get extensions to 12' or so.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM   #18
Sponsor: Kessler Crane
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Webster, IN
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Robinson View Post
I've seen all of those samples (many times actually). I'm more interested in how the crane works with a wedding shoot. The kinds of shots it could get, etc. I have essentially two uses in mind for the immediate future, and a third should my business survive; Weddings, real estate, and live events (large auctions, concerts, etc).

Is it possible to buy the smallest version and then buy extensions to turn it into the largest version, or are there specific upgrade paths that determin the biggest crane you can get if you start with "X" where "X" is one configuration and "Y" is a different configuration. My most likely purchase path would be to start with the shortest crane possible (though with friction brake) just to get some vertical motion in my shots. Then should it pay for itself in business, may be a year from now to get extensions to 12' or so.
You can upgrade any of our cranes, to get to whichever crane length you want. For example, I would recommend starting with the KC-8, then if you want to go to the 12 foot, you would get the mid section upgrade and if you wanted to go to the five foot, you would get the short tip upgrade.

I recommend the 8 foot to start with, because if you want to end up with the 12 foot eventually, you would only need to add on the mid section upgrade. If you start with the KC-5.5, you would need to add on the mid section & long tip upgrades to reach 12 foot. Also, the price difference between the KC-8 & KC-5.5 is minimal, so the KC-8 is honestly your best bang for your buck, unless you need the smaller crane to start with.

I hope that helps. Feel free to send me a message or e-mail if you need more detailed information, or have specific questions. Otherwise, I will try to keep an eye on the forums here. Thanks
__________________
Kessler Crane™
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Chris Beller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM   #19
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 755
We have been having a hard time using it at weddings do to confined spaces. It's hard to swing a crane with A(low ceilings) or B(too many people in a small space). We have been using it as a elevated shot. Here is a 3 min sample of some raw footage.

http://www.omiatek.com/dvinfo/cranetest.mov

For the mac impaired...

http://www.omiatek.com/dvinfo/cranetest.wmv
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM   #20
Trustee
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Omiatek View Post
We have been having a hard time using it at weddings do to confined spaces. It's hard to swing a crane with A(low ceilings) or B(too many people in a small space). We have been using it as a elevated shot. Here is a 3 min sample of some raw footage.
http://www.omiatek.com/dvinfo/cranetest.mov
For the mac impaired...
http://www.omiatek.com/dvinfo/cranetest.wmv
I'm getting empty files opening up those links.
edit never mind... now they are working.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network