DV Moves' Crane at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old February 15th, 2004, 12:25 PM   #1
New Boot
DV Moves' Crane

Has anybody used this crane?
What about it?

(Smooth 360 degree Camera Pans, 360 degree Arm rotation, 120 degree tilts and Adjustable Length)

Stefano Archetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

That was some impressive footage considering those moves are manual, that is with no apparent gears or motors for ramping and dampening start or stop of a move. There were only a couple of times when the end of the shot was a little shaky, just a little. However, in a crowd, such as at a concert, you better have wide open swing radius to perform those moves.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #3
Major Player
has anyone actually used this particular crane?

it looks like the best one from the ones i have looked at online.

the one question i have is, what do you use for the lcd screen?

they don't seem to sell one, i sent them email asking a very specific question about their dolly kit and the lcd recommendation and never got a reply.

i have a sony mini-dv video walkman but it doesn't have anything on it to attach it to anything other than two metal loops for a strap.

it shouldn't be too hard to run an rca or svideo cable down the crane and mount something to the crane.

i'm always a little leary when nobody replies to my specific questions when i am ready to order something.

there dolly kit looks really good to me.

Matthew de Jongh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms