Any Jimmy Jib "lite" users? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 20th, 2004, 07:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Any Jimmy Jib "lite" users?

Are you considering purchasing a Jimmy Jib Lite? Are there any other users out here using the lite?
Steven Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Jib Lite

Howdy Steven. Do you not remember posting on this thread just last week and then 3 times prior?

www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?threadid=3055
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Jimmy Jib Lite

Hi Steve,
Yes, I'm thinking about purchasing a Jimmy Jib Lite (w/ cable).

Is this difficult to operate?

Thanks,
Mel
Old April 28th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

The company I work for recently purchased a jib from EZFX. It's really well built, easy to transport and a pleasure to use. It doesn't have the cable controlled pan/tilt option like the Jimmy Jib, but depending on the height you wish to reach, there are options.

Pricewise, compared to the 9' Triangle jib that Jimmy Jib offers, you can get the same length jib PLUS a Varizoom motorized pan & tilt head for much less. Granted if you are looking for a jib that goes beyond 9' then Jimmy Jib is your perfect. 40 feet! Man, that's high!
John Plunkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #5
Major Player

hi steven,
are you selling your jib?

ed
Ed Liew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:51 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Plunkett
The company I work for recently purchased a jib from EZFX. It's really well built, easy to transport and a pleasure to use. It doesn't have the cable controlled pan/tilt option like the Jimmy Jib, but depending on the height you wish to reach, there are options.

Pricewise, compared to the 9' Triangle jib that Jimmy Jib offers, you can get the same length jib PLUS a Varizoom motorized pan & tilt head for much less. Granted if you are looking for a jib that goes beyond 9' then Jimmy Jib is your perfect. 40 feet! Man, that's high!
I was thinking about the Jimmy Jib Lite (with cables). It goes for $2,775 + 650 tripod + 755 6ft extension + 608 addn'l 6ft extension. I'm thinking about getting the main unit + tripod for the time being and then adding the extension arms when I get some more money. $2,775 + 650 is close to the Varizom MC100. Man...those Jimmy Jibs look solid.

Boy...wish I can get a used Jimmy Jib Lite :)
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:30 AM   #7
MicroDolly Hollywood

Hey, Mel

If you're thinking about a Jimmy Jib or EZFX, you should check out the MICRODOLLY Jib. Comparable price range, lighter, easy to use, and expandable. Not to mention we've got a system where you don't have to carry around all the gym weights -- you can use our folding weight cage to hold just about anything as counter weight.
Old April 29th, 2005, 02:09 PM   #8
Regular Crew

pan and tilt

Hi Tim,
Can I pan with your jib? Or do I need to get the Varizoom MC100?
thanks,
Mel
Old April 29th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #9
MicroDolly Hollywood

Well, the Jib itself pans on the tripod. If you want to pan/tilt from the camera plate, we've also got our Power Head that mounts to our Jib (or anyone's Jib) and allows you to control movement through a weatherproof, cable-driven pan/tilt head.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms