Jib - Anyone seen/used one of these? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 17th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Jib - Anyone seen/used one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3859701787&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
Michael Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2004, 04:27 PM   #2
Major Player

Have not seen or used one. According to the description, you can mount a "Broadcast" camera on it. Typically that refers to Beta etc. that can weigh 20-30 Lbs. If you did, you'll need a TON (maybe literally) to balance that thing.
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2004, 06:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That doesn't seem like a bad price considering it's double the length and stronger than that of most jibs in its class (without remote heads) and can fly larger camera systems. Just put a remote head on it and it will be on it's way. I would be very interested to know just which national shows that it has been used on.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #4
Major Player

more detail here http://www.nuangle.com/nc1500.htm
from all the pics, the jib look a bit bend. do you think it can carry such heavy load?

this should be a good consideration too http://www.jonyjib.com/jonyjib.htm#JonyJib_18

ed
Ed Liew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:18 AM   #5
Major Player

That's just it, I hear about a lot of bending with these smaller rigs. It does seem that the lower arm would have to help though.
Michael Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 02:25 AM   #6
Major Player

very few jib of such lenght are design without the use of "cantilever". one such jib which i have the opportunity to use is the cammate travel series. it is very smooth and does not wobble at the end of the shoot. the construction is a big though.

ed
Ed Liew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 10:50 AM   #7
Regular Crew

You ain't kidding about the NC 1500 looking like it's bending. That is not good. I hope the maker and end user have plenty of insurance.

Struts and cables would be a remedy for any vertical bending and/or horizontal swaying. That's what reinforces my 18ft jib. The additional pictures near the bottom of the jonyjib show it using a strut and cable configuration too.

The lower tie rod is mostly for allowing the head plate to maintain a horizontal position at any height even while in motion. When you exceed a certain length, you really need some more support like struts and cables.
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms