cine city proaim pan tilt head?? - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 25th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #91
Major Player

Re: cine city proaim pan tilt head??

Kessler 8/12 owners, the bolt patterns match, I was able to bolt the pan/tilt head to the tip without having to drill new holes!

Can't wait till the weather clears. Area flooding, thunderstorms and high wind warnings, yeah lets fly the jib! Oh and can you get the 20x up with a 1/4 silk? (large grin)
Old February 25th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #92
Trustee

I did a shoot with Katie Couric on the beach in Coronado with a 20x 1/4 silk. I've never been so worried.
Quote:
8) No creeping on my unit
So, even with dead stop cranked all the way off (to "super sensitive") mode, NO movement on your head?
Quote:
2) Unit rotates faster in one direction than the other, with both Pan and Tilt
This is a symptom of the creeping problem - i.e. a miscalibrated joystick. I think.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #93
Major Player

I went back and tried it with everything cranked up, there was some creep. :( However the speed and dead spot have to be full up to get it.

You said you cracked the case. Are the pots adjustable? Or should we look for a better joystick?

I hang rags all the time no big deal, till the wind picks up. :)
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #94
Trustee

I did crack the case, I couldn't figure out how to easily adjust the pots. I might farm that out, I might just give up. I need to put the thing on the crane first though. What'd you use to mount it to the head - 1/4" bolts? I haven't even had it up there yet, though it did look like the pattern matched.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #95
Major Player

They provide the bolts they awere in the universal adapter box in mine, however before I found them, yes I used 1/4" bolts. Ging to ry to flt it Saturday, however the high is suppoed to be 31° so it won't be a long test. :)
Old February 26th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #96
Regular Crew

I ordered mine last week. It speed Friday, do i'm hoping to have it soon.
Lou Caputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #97
Regular Crew

Okay, so to follow up on my previous dyslexic post...I ordered my Proaim Gold on 2/26. As of today (3/1 in India) it's still sitting in New Dehli. So, I'm guessing that it's going to be a few more days till I'll be getting mine.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM   #98
Major Player

I'm guessing you will get it tomorrow Lou, did you get a FedEx tracking number?
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:23 PM   #99
Regular Crew

Oddly enough, it arrived TODAY while we were on a shoot using our jib! I was checking the tracking number, but it just kept telling me the package was in New Dehli. Then POOF, it was here. We're going to hang it tomorrow and see what it's all about.
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #100
Major Player

Good by universal adapter!

6' 2 COND. UNIVERSAL POWER CORD, NON-POLARIZED | AllElectronics.com

If you have a non-polarized cord from another power source give it a try if not you can use the above.
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #101
Regular Crew

Well, we finally got a chance to hang our p/t head and take it for a spin, so to speak. Our jib is a Glidecam 200 and it mounts perfectly on this. We are using a JVC GY-HM700 camera, so it's a larger shoulder mount unit with AB batteries on it. Overall the camera with batteries and Fujinon lens probably weighs about 9 pounds, and the proaim seems to handle it easily. The unit is not totally quiet at any speed above a creep, but for what we paid that's okay. It's going to take some practice to master it, but even right out of the box we were shooting some pretty good stuff! I'll post some pics and video as they become available.
Old March 10th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #102
Regular Crew

would still love to see some footage if anyones had a chance to do anything
Randy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #103
Regular Crew

something strange happens when people buy these proaim pan tilt heads, they go AWOL the second they recieve the item..
Randy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #104
Regular Crew

Not AWOL, just busy.
Old March 18th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #105
Regular Crew

same thing from the perspective of others..

i know no one is obligated to provide info so i dont mean to sound like im whinging but im just saying about 5 or 6 times now ive seen people talking about getting one and posting lots of info about the ordering process and promising to return with reviews and thats as far as it ever gets.. if you look back through this thread there probably 4 people on this post alone that its happened..

Someone bought it and posted dozens of photos on how the ordering went and each stage of unpacking with in depth reviews about initial impressions of the construction and all this stuff, it looked like it was going to be the quintessential review and then he disappears.. Its just weird that it keeps happening, there doesnt seem to be any really good in depth reviews of how it operates and example clips from real users. Just the couple of clips cinecity posted.

I should also note ive been procrastinating on buying one for a long time.. I have drifted in and out of focuss with it so its not like im edging to buy one next week..
Randy Sanchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms