Kessler EZJib or which crane? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 1st, 2009, 04:32 AM   #1
Trustee

Kessler EZJib or which crane?

Hi what s the best choice for a crane with a z1?I need a remote head too with remoted controls....
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:36 PM   #2
New Boot

I have used a Kessler. really liked the results. They have a 5.5 and 8ft... I used the 5.5 but wish we had the 8ft.

You can get a motorized head on ebay, they are ok but you really want a pro pan/tilt head.
Jon Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM   #3
Major Player

I have the Kessler 8ft crane and love it. It is silky smooth and I believe it's double frame construction gives it the most stable shots in this price range.

I bought the ball extender that mounts on the end of the crane and my tripod head mounts to that for when I want to operate the crane from the front end.

I do advise you to spend the extra $50 and get the "brake" option for the crane so you can lock it in a position to simulate a tripod when needed.

I also have the K-Pod tripod and Hercules head that Kessler makes as I wanted a dedicated system.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Tourist

Can't go wrong with a Kessler

I got the same setup as above.
The 8 ft is only $10 more then the 5.5.
I'm loving it.
http://www.kesslercrane.com/index.ph...=182&Itemid=95
Gerhard Helmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
Hi what s the best choice for a crane with a z1?I need a remote head too with remoted controls....

By "best choice" did you mean smoothest shots? Feels, looks, and performs most professional? Jimmy jib Lite. You can build it to whatever length you need.
Jimmy Jib Lite, Cable Jib & Porta-Jib Conversion
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms