Extra Long RCA adapters? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 13th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Extra Long RCA adapters?

Where does one get an extra long adapter that goes from the video output on the camcorder to the 3 banana plugs, preferably male, not female, all as an extension wire-set from the videocam on the end of a crane to the remote monitor?
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't understand why you would want to go to banana plugs. Why not just stay RCA? Monoprice has a lot of triple RCA cables with male plugs at both ends. You can get couplers that can connect male to male. Video Cable - <b>RCA Composite</b>
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Maybe my term is wrong, (it usually is, lol )I am told it is an RCA to RCA extension cable.
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:30 AM   #4
Major Player

It's relatively easy to make your own,

and you can then have them to just the length you need.

I've seen some sites that have them in lengths from abut 3 ft to 50 ft.

Check almost any cable supplier on the web.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #5
Major Player

You said banana plug, which is this: http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2...s-Set-Four.jpg
It's used for connecting speakers usually.
You want an RCA to RCA cable. You can get up to 50' RCA cables from monoprice.com for only $13.52. (see link in previous post.)
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #6
Major Player

Ed, yes, I was tripping out on how inexpensive those were at the link you provided, thanks!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM   #7
New Boot

Re: Extra Long RCA adapters?

If you are like me, then you usually don't throw out old cables. I had a TON of unused RCA cords raning from 3ft to 5ft when I got a cheap monitor for my Kessler crane. A quick trip to Radio Shack and for about $4 I got a couple packs of RCA unions. It's basically just a double female and it's a quick easy solution for connecting my camera to my monitor, now I can see what my camera is pointed at.
Neil Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Re: Extra Long RCA adapters?

Visit your local Radio Shack, they should be able to set you up with whatever you need. I've got everything from 3 foot to 50 feet with connectors to patch cable together to make give me about 200 feet. Not that I would ever do that but I could if I had. Almost all came from RS.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms