Kessler Revolution Pan Tilt Head & Oracle Controller at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old June 7th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Major Player

Kessler Revolution Pan Tilt Head & Oracle Controller

Does anybody have any hands on experience with the Kessler Revolution pan & tilt motorized head with Oracle controller?

I am probably buying a P&T head soon for my Kessler crane and as usual am on a tight budget.

For under $2,000 it look like my choices are the Camera Turret Company PT20 head that Kessler also sells along with this new Revolution Head and Oracle controller.

I am very impressed with everything I have seen that Kessler does so am leaning toward the Revolution / Oracle. However the PT20 has been around for a long time and has a track record.

Please let me know if you have any knowldege of the Revolution / Oracle in real world situations or any revies that might be online. I am having trouble finding anything. Probably because it is so new. I saw a Philip Bloom piece were he was using a prototype on a slider to do stop motion photography but that really didn't cover the use of it on a boom during live productions.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Pt20

I have been using mine for the past year and have to give it top points. It is smooth and simple and just does the job. I think it is a great head for the money.
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Major Player

Brian, have you previously used any other pan tilt heads to compare it with? I am wondering how it compares to the Camera Turret PT20.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms