ServoCity PT 2100 with Roll Attachment at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:34 AM   #1
New Boot

ServoCity PT 2100 with Roll Attachment

I finally retired my old older Camera Turret PT and replaced it with the ServoCity PT-2100.

I have a couple of shoots under my belt with the new rig and I can honestly say I made the right purchase.

I am really impressed with the design and function of the unit. The ability to roll the camera while flying on a jib is just hard to describe. Even with subtle movements your footage has a more "floating" effect.

I really like the gear/speed ratio. Seems to fit my style of movement. Some people may want it faster but for 24p it seems fine. So far I've only used the EX1 and Canon 7d with wide lenses.

The customer service is great and they answered my questions quickly. I don't usually gush over gear but this is one purchase I can highly recommend.
Mark Boardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Could you share footages to show us the quality of this head ? I follow it for a long time, but never tried it...

Thanks !

William.
William Japhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Major Player

I've also got a servo city pt-2100 but I don't have the roll unit.
I'm making a review of the head right now. They do indeed have good customer service but I think there are some weak spots to the head which I'll mention when my video is up.

Edit:
is this one of your clips?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxPmc1LTIYQ
if so your Pure Michigan video is amazing!

Last edited by Eric Stemen; June 23rd, 2010 at 11:05 PM.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #4
New Boot

Yes William I can share some footage once I cleared permission from the client.
Yes Eric that is my clip. Just kids in the backyard.. home movie stuff. That clip was made with the old
Camera Turret PT20 just after the first motor went south.

I did another shoot yesterday with great results even in a high wind situation. I'm starting to get used to the 2 joystick technique. Once this setup is programable from laptop it will be a game changer for sure. Or better yet an iphone app that can send azimuth information from the camera basket to the head to keep the camera targeted on an object as you raise and lower the jib. Kinda like a camera target in a 3d application.
The best part of all this that companies like ServoCity and Kessler crane are making things much more affordable for the small video companies. I highly recommend Kessler products. The value is incredible.

Eric I am interested in hearing your comments. I don't have mine in underslung mode so panning can get
hung up on the crane in a low position.
Mark Boardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #5
New Boot

Video Example ServoCity Pan Tilt Roll Head

Here is a short clip of scenes using the ServoCity PT2100 with the roll attachment.
Mark Boardman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms