Jonyjib 18 vs Kesler 18 (and which tripod?) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old June 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Jonyjib 18 vs Kesler 18 (and which tripod?)

Hey guys, I am interested in buying a news jib for my work, I have sold the glidecam camcrane 200 that I had and now am going for a bigger tool as the Jonyjib2 18' or the Kesler 18'..

Actually I prefer the jonyjib than the kesler crane (even if the kesler is cheaper) but I would like to read your opinion also about this jibs....which one is the best and why?

the next question that I have is which tripod do you suggest me to buy for using the crane..

thanks!
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Jonyjib

I have a Jonyjib and I can tell you that John Huffman at Jonyjib makes a great product and his service after the sale is awesome.

As for the tripod, ask John at Jonyjib. I have the one he recommended and sold me and it's perfect.
Old August 4th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #3
Regular Crew

update ***

I bought the JONYJIB 18 :)

and a K-POD tripod ...

I have recieved the K-POD yesterday! amazing tripod! a real power!

cant w8 for the JIB to arrive :)
Old August 24th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

am still waiting for the crane to arrive. I have placed my order on 30 of July and since then nothing has shipped to me.... very dissapointed....
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Regular Crew

update!

I have recieved the Jib since 28 of August! It took a bit long for the jib to come but I dont care about that anymore . the Jib is oustanding! QUALITY AND ABILITIES are beyond my wildest imagination!

there is nothing negative about the jib or the company that is producing this babies!

What i liked about this crane is

1- John is always there to anwser in every question a customer could have for the jib.
2- The quality of the crane
3- The manuals and the dvd that are inside the parcel are just super! they show u how simple is to setup and work with the crane
4- (THIS IS WHAT I LIKED THE MOST) it doesnt matter if a customer buy the Jonyjib 2 18'' or 15'' or any other size of the crane, there is an upgrading kit from jonyjib2 to jonyjib pro and you can increase the size at anytime u like . that means that my jonyjib 18 will become jonyjib pro 30'' really soon :)
5-Works perfect with my motorized head of glidecam
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms