DVBody Crane? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old August 26th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVBody Crane?

Anyone familiar with the DVBody Crane at DVMoves.com ? The crane functions of this device are appealing, but I'm wondering how it stacks up STABILITY-WISE when compared with a Steadycam, or SteadyTracker?

I've seen no online reviews of this unusual device, so if anyone out there owns one, I'd like to hear what you think.

Curious, I remain ---

HG
Hawood Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 06:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Those things quite simply will not have the stabilizing potential of a Steadicam, but they may come somewhat close to a SteadyTracker. The Steadytracker seems better engineered though.

Each has it's own real use. The DVBody Crane is for handheld crane moves. The SteadyTracker is for basic stabilization, in a handheld manner, and the Steadicam series is an incredible series of camera stabilizers, that are so much more than the SteadyTracker can be.
Tom Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 05:52 PM   #3
Major Player

DVBody Crane....

Such a thing is an interesting idea. I've seen other body cranes out there that seem to be more completely developed.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

On Hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawood Giles
Anyone familiar with the DVBody Crane at DVMoves.com ? The crane functions of this device are appealing, but I'm wondering how it stacks up STABILITY-WISE when compared with a Steadycam, or SteadyTracker?

I've seen no online reviews of this unusual device, so if anyone out there owns one, I'd like to hear what you think.

Curious, I remain ---

HG
Tom and Dean-

Thanks for your input on the DVBody Crane. I've decided to put on hold the idea of getting this device, until I've looked around for something to compare it with. Dean: you say there are other Body Cranes? I'm aware of the tripod mounted Cranes, but haven't seen anything comparable to the DVBody Crane. My primary misgiving about the DVBody Crane is the amount of unusable footage it's apt to produce with starting and stoping, and perhaps lateral panning when extended. Otherwise, I like the concept of a lightweight crane.

Still curious, but ... On Hold for moment.
Hawood Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Body Boom

Here is a jib that is worn like a Steadicam rig.

Body Boom
www.bodyboom.net

Relative Thread
www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=11505
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms