Experience with Hi-Pod? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old August 20th, 2006, 07:42 PM   #1
Tourist

Experience with Hi-Pod?

The kids football program that I support is looking for a tool to assist in creating game films for use by coaches. An important goal is to get a higher point of view on fields with no stands, announcing booths, etc. We will be using only fairly light cameras, with the VX2000 at the top end. The Hi-Pod looks good for our application, but I have two concerns. First, is the Hi-Pod safe and relatively easy to use by amateurs? Second, I can't find much information about the company behind the product and I'm concerned about spending so much of the club's money under those circumstances. Does anyone here have experience with Hi-Pod, both the hardware and the company?

Thanks in advance.
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #2
ChorizoSmells

Here is a link to the Hi-Pod:

Hi-Pod
Old August 21st, 2006, 12:47 PM   #3
Wrangler

Interesting way to get a high shot. But if I were them I'd be a little worried about Apple's legal team :-)

http://www.google.com/search?client=...0779e2340.html

Quote:
Apple has laid legal claim to the word "Pod," arguing that other companies that use the word as part of their product names risk infringing the trademark of its popular iPod music player. The legal campaign, which in recent days has drawn challenges to products with names such as Profit Pod and TightPod, reflects a broader attempt by some of the most successful consumer technology companies to prevent their best-known product names slipping into common usage beyond their control.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 02:11 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Interesting way to get a high shot. But if I were them I'd be a little worried about Apple's legal team :-)

http://www.google.com/search?client=...0779e2340.html

I was dying laughing until I clicked on your link and it's true!! I thought you were just incredibly clever LOL
Beth Dill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms