B. Hague J12/16 Jib on Manfrotto 528XB "pod? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old May 19th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #1
Inner Circle

B. Hague J12/16 Jib on Manfrotto 528XB "pod?

Anyone got any idea if this combination is possible?

The Manfrotto site refers to the head of the 528 as having a "claw ball leveler" included but, as usual for them, fails to give any hint as to what, exactly, that is. It also adds "it's a great 'pod for fitting jib's/ cranes" but fails entirely to address how, exactly, one does this.

I know the B. Hague jib headstock fits a standard half ball tripod head (both 75 & 100 mm but without the half ball in place) like a glove, but what's left on/ in the tripod head when the "claw ball leveler" is removed?

Total mystery.

All input gratefully recieved.

Cheers,

Chris.
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:36 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I've got the answer..........

Buried deep in the bowels of the manfrotto web sight I found the Spare Parts tech drawings for the 528XB tripod. The half ball shown has the exact same part number as their bog standard 500Ball half ball. Ergo, it has the standard 100 mm bowl and will, indeed, take the Hague jib headstock.

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms