DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/)
-   -   JVC LS 300 - Another killer deal & your AF100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/527174-jvc-ls-300-another-killer-deal-your-af100.html)

Jim Martin March 6th, 2015 10:32 AM

JVC LS 300 - Another killer deal & your AF100

JVC is going all out for this camera....first, the great price of $3999. Second, a free Rokinon lens or a free Metabones adapter, and now the topper....for those of you that have a Panasonic AF 100, JVC will let you trade it in on a new LS 300(4K S35mm) and, get this, for an instant rebate of $500!!! I don't recall a manufacturer ever doing a camera launch like this.
So, if you are in LA, make sure you sign up for our LA Debut of the LS 300 on Weds, March 18th at 1pm:

JVC GY-LS300 4KCAM S35mm Camcorder Debut Event

We are also going to have a free "try & buy" program that will start by the end of the month....you get a 1 day free rental (w/deposit) on the camera to try it out, then you can buy it....from us!

Call before midnight tonight!

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Noa Put March 6th, 2015 10:44 AM

Re: JVC LS 300 - Another killer deal & your AF100

Those bundled deals don't seem to come across to Europe so far it seems, found only 3 larger online dealers that sell the camera only for 3500 euro excl tax but found one Belgian online store that sells for 3000 euro which looks like a good deal (same price as a nex-ea50 with lens when it launched), maybe they are keeping the lens or adapter and deduct it from the price :) Also, 500 dollar rebate for a AF 100 seems not so much, they sell easily double that second hand, at least at this moment.

Troy Moss March 6th, 2015 12:39 PM

$500 for an AF100 trade in is NOT a good deal. Completed auctions on eBay average $1200-$1500. The $3999 price with the lens or adapter rebate is a good deal. So SELL your AF100 here on the DVinfo Forum or ebay (even a simple craigslist deal), then consider your purchase options.

Jim Martin March 6th, 2015 01:44 PM

AF 100s are going to continue to fall in value because of this camera and a bunch a cameras coming out at NAB...I also feel that there will be some radical price shifts (down) this year....

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Jim Martin March 6th, 2015 01:49 PM

Re: JVC LS 300 - Another killer deal & your AF100 -CORRECTION

CORRECTION!

I made a mistake and I profusely apologize.......you cannot combine this offer with the free Metabones/ free Rokinon lens deal....it's one or the other. Again, I'm sorry for the mis-information and feel free to stop by and flog me!

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

PS- This camera is still a really great deal!

Troy Moss March 6th, 2015 04:21 PM

No worries Jim! We all know your intentions were good!

Tim Paynter March 6th, 2015 05:13 PM

B and H says coming soon but no mention of the "deal". Who do you get the "deal" from and when will it be available?

Would love to see more test videos from demo units as this is a significant investment for me.

How good will the image be if one chooses the lens deal? Will we only be able maximize this camera if we have a lens which costs twice the price of this camera?

Thanks for the info.

Tim

Troy Moss March 6th, 2015 05:42 PM

Tim, I can assure you B&H Photo will have the deal (free lens or adapter). It was posted, just recently removed, but will be listed again (as they are an authorized JVC dealer).

Jim Martin March 6th, 2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Paynter (Post 1878925)
B and H says coming soon but no mention of the "deal". Who do you get the "deal" from and when will it be available?

Would love to see more test videos from demo units as this is a significant investment for me.

How good will the image be if one chooses the lens deal? Will we only be able maximize this camera if we have a lens which costs twice the price of this camera?

Thanks for the info.

Tim

Well, EVS has taken the lead on this camera and I had been on an NDA for the last 2 years for this. You can get this deal from us and it is a deal that JVC is offering to certain dealers. The cameras, after last minute updates & QC, will be shipped to us the last week of this month. We are doing the launch event on Weds the 18th from 1-3pm PDT. We are shooting the test footage this weekend, both day & night situations and we're going to shoot both in camera and out to a Shogun or Odyssey, edit the footage and debut it at the event. We are also trying to stream the event for those out of town. This camera is perfect for moving people out of DSLRs and into a functioning video camera. As for the lens deal, the Rokinons have been a big seller over the last two years as a good, low cost manual lens so nothing to worry about in terms of picture quality. On the other end of the scale, putting expensive lenses on this camera will be even better (CP2s, Canon CinePrimes, etc)....
Hope that helps and if you need any more info, give me a ring here at EVS...818-552-4590

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Jim Martin March 6th, 2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy Moss (Post 1878928)
Tim, I can assure you B&H Photo will have the deal (free lens or adapter). It was posted, just recently removed, but will be listed again (as they are an authorized JVC dealer).

But Troy, you do want to support your local dealer right!... :) Are you going to make it on March 18th? ;

JVC GY-LS300 4KCAM S35mm Camcorder Debut Event

Phil Goetz March 8th, 2015 01:38 PM

Yeah Troy.

Troy Moss March 8th, 2015 04:04 PM

Yes, I always purchase from the sponsors of the DV Info Forum! The question from Tim Paynter was about B&H Photo (which is a supporter of this forum). Thanks and hope that explains Jim!

Jim Martin March 9th, 2015 09:19 AM

Yes.....I was about to get in my car and go to Rancho Cucamonga!

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Kevin Balling March 9th, 2015 09:29 AM

Not endorsing anyone, just letting folks know that B&H has the deal listed, but you have to select "Build A Bundle and Save" to see it.