DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/)
-   -   Who wants a shoulder mounted camera from JVC? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/531294-who-wants-shoulder-mounted-camera-jvc.html)

Bo Smith March 1st, 2016 04:57 PM

Who wants a shoulder mounted camera from JVC?

With the recent price drop, are there any hits at another camera in the future of JVC’s cinema line up? Maybe with an HM700/800 Series body and all the goodies, Something in a proper shoulder mount to compete with Sony and Black Magic’s cameras? Real EVF, ND filter wheel, Anton Bauer battery mount?

Steve Rosen March 3rd, 2016 07:01 PM

Re: Who wants a shoulder mounted camera from JVC?

If wishes were horses...

Noa Put March 11th, 2016 02:15 AM

If possible with a rear view mirror build in so I can finally see what's going on behind me while I"m shooting.

Not making fun of you Bo but honestly, how would we know if there is nothing like this announced by JVC.

Robert J Baker March 11th, 2016 05:01 PM

Blackmagic has a shoulder mount camera?

Steve Rosen March 12th, 2016 11:42 AM

BM has three shoulder mount cameras - Ursa if you're an NFL interior lineman, 2 Ursa Minis if you're not.

Robert J Baker March 13th, 2016 01:44 AM

LOL!
There is an article about the URSA mini being used as an ENG camera []RedShark News - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?. I'm not certain I'd agree with that assessment but I can see the shoulder mount capabilities (though the setup time between the mini and a JVC shoulder mounted camera would be vastly different).

Steve Rosen March 13th, 2016 08:57 AM

Robert. I had an Ursa Mini on pre-order the day it was announced nearly a year ago (I have two Pocket Cameras and love shooting ProRes HQ). Since I handhold 80% of the time, a shoulder camera was important to me.

Unfortunately BM, as usual, was overly optimistic about the delivery date, and that camera still isn't being delivered. Anyway, then I pre-order an FS5, but needed a UHD camera quick for a job and jumped on the LS300.

In another thread you can see how I've set mine up with a Gratical, grip and inexpensive SmallRig shoulder pad for shooting handheld... It's excellent and I'm going to wait a year or two before even thinking about another camera...

However, if JVC puts the guts of the LS300 - with the horsepower to handle 10 bit - in a package similar to their shoulder mount HDV camera of ten years ago I'll buy it in a New York minute!

Are you listening JVC?

Robert J Baker March 13th, 2016 02:51 PM

Hmmm, you're right! The Smallrig shoulder pad is cheap. I did see a link to your LS300 setup. Though I normally don't shoot that way I see where it can be useful at the right price. Some more investigation is necessary.

Steve Rosen March 13th, 2016 04:49 PM

The SmallRig is cheap, but not cheaply made... I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box... I usually make my own parts from aluminum stock, but I couldn't have made one like it for much less - plus it comes with one of their better rod blocks which I don't use on the pad, but use for the bracket for the Aaton grip.