Leeming LUT One released for the JVC GY-LS300 video camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old May 20th, 2016, 03:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Leeming LUT One released for the JVC GY-LS300 video camera

Visceral Psyche Films has released Leeming LUT One for the JVC GY-LS300 video camera. It is available for download here:

Leeming LUT One

Leeming LUT One is well-known in the Panasonic GH4 community as one of the best solutions for achieving consistent, high-quality images utilizing the camera's maximum dynamic range. This LUT is calibrated for use with the LS300's J-Log1 profile to give your image the best starting point for further grading and esthetic refinement. In addition, Leeming LUT One may be used to match LS300 footage with the GH4 and other supported cameras.

To develop this LUT, I worked with Paul Leeming on testing and evaluating a wide range of LS300 footage, taken in both natural and artifical lighting conditions. The results of this collaboration satisfy all of my requirements for a standarized post-production workflow that makes full use of the dynamic range of the LS300's J-Log1 profile. It is provided in a format compatible with a wide variety of editing and grading tools and can be flexibly integrated into virtually any type of post-production workflow.
Lee Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 07:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Leeming LUT One released for the JVC GY-LS300 video camera

Just ordered the GH4 Version. Looking forward to working with the LUT. I am also considering the LS300. I am like the fact that I could match the GH4 to the JVC.
Frank Grygier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 03:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Here is an LS300 frame grab in original unedited J-Log1 format, along with a color corrected version using the LS300 Leeming LUT. Note how both the highly saturated hues of the color chart and the natural shades of the sunlit landscape are rendered with accurate color values.

Original Image:

Leeming LUT:
Old May 21st, 2016, 03:06 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Here is a sample video showing the LS300 Leeming LUT in action. The video begins with uncorrected J-Log1 footage, and uses a screen wipe to apply the Leeming LUT. This video was shot with a fast shutter speed in order to eliminate motion blur.

Old May 23rd, 2016, 07:35 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Here are 3 framegrabs from a recent shoot I did in JVC log with a JVC indoor LUT and the leeming lut applied to it, some clear color differences visible.
Attached Thumbnails
Leeming LUT One released for the JVC GY-LS300 video camera-jvc_log.jpg   Leeming LUT One released for the JVC GY-LS300 video camera-jvc_lut.jpg  

Leeming LUT One released for the JVC GY-LS300 video camera-leeming_lut.jpg  
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2016, 09:00 AM   #6
Major Player

Is the Leeming LUT more accurate Noa?
Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:27 AM   #7
Inner Circle

To be honest, I don't know :) but I guess it is, that shot was whitebalanced using a expodisc and the only way to know for sure is to test it on a colorchart. The jvc lut does push colors more towards yellow and green while the leeming lut doesn't do that.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:03 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan Craig View Post
Is the Leeming LUT more accurate Noa?
Thanks Lee for your post here :) Just found it sorry!

To know how accurate it is, I thought I'd do a quick Google Search for Ferricure packaging as that's the brand I could make out in the image.

Here's what I found.

Based on that image and a couple of others like it, I'd say that yes, mine is definitely more accurate :)

Cheers,

Paul :)
Attached Thumbnails
Leeming LUT One released for the JVC GY-LS300 video camera-ferricure.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders