Delete Last Clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old June 21st, 2016, 06:31 AM   #1
Major Player

Delete Last Clip

I like to work fast when I am covering an event, especially when shooting b-roll and, for example, someone inadvertently walks in front of my camera. Using my Sony PMW cameras, no problem. Simply hit "Delete Last Clip", which I have assigned to one of the memory buttons. With the LS300, there is no such function (that I am aware of). I have to push the Mode button, go in and locate the clip, then delete it. In the time that it takes to do that, I have missed something else. The alternative is to leave the unwanted clips there, and sort later when ingesting the footage to my computer. Again, more wasted time. JVC, could "Delete Last Clip" please be added as a firmware update?
Jim Nogueira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 07:44 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Delete Last Clip

Here's the low-tech way:
Once you record a unwanted clip, put your hand over the front lens, and record 2-3 seconds of BLACK.
Depending on your NLE, once you ingest your footage, you will easily see the Black scenes.
Then you delete the Black Scene and the Scene immediately before it.

Likewise, when I record a Scene that I just know needs to be in the final-cut.
(For example, a Touchdown in American Football)
I record 2-3 seconds of the Sky, or some other very bright scene (or turn my gain way-up). Then once in the NLE, the "keeper" is easily found.
Vince Pachiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 08:11 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, Vince. Yeah, I have used tricks in the past like those that you mentioned. I guess that I have been spoiled by the Sony cams. It just seems to me like this could be a firmware upgrade that would make a pretty nice pro camera even more professional.
Jim Nogueira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 12:18 PM   #4
Major Player

How about adding a function to mark a good clip while filming?
And then any marked clips could be moved to a specific subfolder on the SD CARD after filming is completed and the operator chooses to move them.

While this discussion is in the area of marking shots for ease of editing, has anyone here made successful use of the metadata settings in these JVC cameras?

I'd like to have the option of much longer filenames, so I can add scene, slate and take numbers in the camera which would save having to work with a clapperboard. Something like the Atomos or BM system would be great.

Duncan,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders