Has Anyone Used LS300 With External Monitor - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old February 7th, 2018, 08:00 AM   #16
New Boot

Re: Has Anyone Used LS300 With External Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Haman View Post
Really? I tried a Video Assist 4K before buying my Ninja - not the Inferno, but the software/usability is the same. I much prefer the Atomos. Recording straight to HDD or SSD instead of BM's recommended SD cards is actually a lot cheaper, and easier to use, I'd happily edit straight off the SSD if I need to, but would worry about that with SD. The menus are nicer to navigate and you don't have to worry about remember which 'gesture' does what to get which menu up. All that and then being able to record with a LUT baked into an image if you want makes it a much better choice in my opinion.

Atomos is also quieter with the fans, lighter, and even though the screen is the same size, the Atomos is physically smaller, although a little wider.
You were/are right. I bought the Video Assist 4K for my church and after using it extensively for 2 months I've believe that the Atomos line is just better in many ways. When I finally go to buy my own monitor I will be getting an Atomos Inferno.
Old February 7th, 2018, 08:48 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I use an Atomos Ninja Blade with my LS300. I bought the Blade when I bought a Canon C100 Mk1 some years back. I sold the C100, kept the Blade and Zacuto C-Shooter rig and use it with my LS300. I primarily shoot HD and record HD to a 256GB SSD in the Blade. I record internally to SDXC 128GB cards as a backup to the Blade. I use the Blade's video scopes for setting exposure and color balance. I use the camera's LCD for focusing. I have user button 8 on the handgrip set for expanded focus and user button 7 set for focus assist. Attached is a photo of my rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Has Anyone Used LS300 With External Monitor-ls300-rig-2.jpg  
W. Bill Magac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 11:59 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Recently a client wanted everything recorded to rented Atmos Shogun Flames so I received some experience with the device. The Flames were connected by SDI to our cameras, a combination of LS300s and HM600s. Really, really nice recorders. If I get some more work I might get one.

However I ended up leaving the LCD open while filming the live events as accessing things like zebra stripes and focus assist was much easier with the function buttons on the body of the JVC cameras than the touch screen of the Flame which obscures the image while you are bringing up the menus. Not entirely convenient while filming an hour long concert.

The image is very nice but I was surprised how close it was the Feelworld monitor I posted a while ago in this thread. The same sort of saturated color with flesh tones. I didn't have time to do a side-by-side comparison but it struck me as a surprise.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders