Wired Remote at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old October 18th, 2017, 01:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wired Remote

I understand that the wired remote for the LS 300 uses a LIN C protocol to communicate. The least expensive LIN C wired remote I've been able to find is the Acebil SZ300 which includes a record switch and a zoom control for $103 at B&H. (There was also a eBank controller for $22.50 on Amazon but the reviews make it sound like junk.) I don't really need the zoom switch, just a record button. Has anyone seen a LIN C wired remote with a record button that's cheaper than $103?
Conrad Obregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Wired Remote

I'm using the VariZoom VZRock with my LS-300. A bit more expensive, but I find the extra features very useful. The zoom rocker works beautifully with the VSM zoom feature, and I find the focus button valuable when I have an autofocus lens mounted.
Luke Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 05:31 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

I was going to recommend the VZ Rock as well. Disclaimer: I used to work for VariZoom back in the late '90's. Despite the fact that I'm no longer with the company, somehow they still manage make excellent equipment. How can they do that without me? But they do. Costs a bit more but well worth it.

The control protocol is LANC and any Sony or Canon controller should work with the LS300. Try this:

VariZoom VZRock for LANC Camcorders at B&H

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 01:18 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I have a Sony LANC VZ Rock that I use on my JVC cameras and it works 90%. One button doesn't communicate with the JVC cameras (don't remember which) but all the really important ones (zoom, focus, record) do work.
Old October 21st, 2017, 03:48 PM   #5
New Boot

The REC remote I use on my LS300 is called the JJC HR Pistol Grip, for Sony/BM cameras, works fine on LS300. It's $25 on 'bay or 'zon. I purchased the LANC model for BM cameras. Works fine on LS300.

https://www.amazon.com/JJC-HR-DV-Stabilizer-Camcorder-Blackmagic/dp/B00MRNP2LA/dvinfo09-20

I use it with a shoulder rig. The pistol grip shape is nice, but it's not a heavy duty design, it's semi-flimsy. It also has a ridiculous "LOCK" button that you can easily click with your hand grip on accident. If the button is clicked, it disables the REC trigger. The first thing I did was take the handle apart, remove the "LOCK" button, then put a piece of tape over the hole. Now I won't accidentally disable the REC trigger.

Last edited by Steve Ritchie; October 21st, 2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: info correction
Steve Ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 04:47 PM   #6
Major Player

I have this little cheapo from back in my sony cams days

ASHANKS Zoom Control DSLR Pro Camcorder Remote Controller 2.5mm Jack Cable It works really well for zoom and rec on & off. Nothing special but reliable and gets the job done.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:31 PM   #7
Major Player

I picked up a Vivatar LANC from amazon for about $24 and it seems to work fairly well. Well the zoom does not seem velocity sensitve like a $200-$300 Varizoom PGL is. but set it to slowest speed and creep in and out as well as rec/pause.. hard to beat for $25. cheaply made.. won't last long.. but will get you by till you get around to buying a Varizoom which are of course great.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders