DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/)
-   -   Recording Length Clips On LS300 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/535182-recording-length-clips-ls300.html)

Aaron Jones Sr. January 8th, 2018 12:23 PM

Recording Length Clips On LS300

HEllo0 Fellas,

I have two LS300's as you know but i notice that they have different recording length clips. I have not had the opportunity to read the manual as of yet, but wondering if one of you know where I can adjust the clip lengths so that they are the sam?
LS300 1 is 3:36:06 per clip
LS300 2 is 7:01:12 per clip

how to make the clips the same size?

Steve Ritchie January 8th, 2018 11:54 PM

Re: Recording Length Clips On LS300

As far as I know, the LS300 shouldn't have a limit on clip length. There is a spanning option to hop from card A to card B while still recording.

How much free space do you have on each of those two cards on each of those two cameras?

LS300 #1 can record for over 3 hours, the second one for 7 hours. Maybe the first one just has less card space free? If you had two empty cards, both with spanning disabled, they should record for identical lengths.

Nick Haman January 9th, 2018 01:56 AM

I would try formatting all the cards in camera to ensure they're totally empty and ready for the camera.

Then double check all of my record settings, is the frame rate, frame size, colour space etc. the same on both cameras? If they are, maybe set them both to a different option (if you normally shoot 4K 422 - try 1080 50p on both) and see if the record lengths match up now.

If that still doesn't help, I'd either try new cards, or at least swap them, so I could see if the difference is with the camera body or the media.

I seem to remember that you use micro sd cards and their adapters in your cams, could that be creating a problem somewhere? is there dust in the converter?

Just throwing some ideas out there. Best of luck!

Luke Miller January 9th, 2018 08:07 AM

I suspect that if you compare the file sizes from the two LS300s you will find they are both just under 4GB. That is the file size limit for FAT32 (the format used for SD cards). The fact that run times are different suggest different recording formats/settings were used.

Nick Haman January 9th, 2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Miller (Post 1940250)
I suspect that if you compare the file sizes from the two LS300s you will find they are both just under 4GB. That is the file size limit for FAT32 (the format used for SD cards). The fact that run times are different suggest different recording formats/settings were used.

Ah yeah, I read it as 3:36 hrs or 7:01 hrs - which, now that I think about it, is a VERY long time to film onto 1 card.

Per clip, listen to Luke Miller haha. Ensure recording formats/settings are the same on both cams.

Steve Ritchie January 10th, 2018 12:25 AM

SDXC cards of 64gb or greater capacity use exFat format. I've had single-file recordings over 10+gb. There shouldn't be much limiting you if you are using SDXC cards. The LS300 can format them exFat from within the camera.

Luke Miller January 10th, 2018 08:40 AM

Great info, Steve. Thanks. I was aware of exFAT, but didn't know the LS-300 supported it.