JVC LS300 with Nikon Lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old October 6th, 2015, 11:28 AM   #1
New Boot

JVC LS300 with Nikon Lenses

Hi Guys,
I got a JVC LS300 with a Rokinon 85mm Cine Lens which works great, but I wanted to use some of my Nikon lenses with the camera. I bought a few adapters, and mounted the lenses but they weren't giving enough light, because there's no manual aperture control on the Nikon lenses. I usually like to shoot wide open anyway, so I jammed the aperture levers open on the lenses using qtips. I guess you could use toothpics as well. Anyway, it works great so far because of the ND filters on the camera. I'm getting to know the camera, but it's great so far.
Old October 6th, 2015, 11:50 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: JVC LS300 with Nikon Lenses

I don't use Nikors (because of the focus direction - they're great otherwise) but I think Metabones makes an adapter that has iris control - it's not cheap, but you only need one.
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2015, 12:35 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Steve. I found one from Novoflex on Amazon for $300. What lenses are you using?
Old October 6th, 2015, 02:57 PM   #4
Major Player

Gary: I've collected so many lenses that it's hard sometimes to chose.. For primes I've got all (but one) vintage - three Leica-Rs and four Canon FDs. Plus a new Nokton 17.5.

For zooms I've got an Angenieux 45-90 (Leica-R mt), a 1974 Canon 12-120 Fluorite, an Angenieux 15-150, a T .95 Angenieux 16-44, a Cooke 10.4-52 (all S16, Aaton mt), an EF 24-105 and EF-S 17-55, A Lumix 35-100 and an Olympus 12-40 Pro.

I can use every one of these on the JVC. So far my favorites, and the lenses I can carry in my pocket, are the Olympus and the Nokton. The new Prime Zoom feature on the LS300 makes these two lenses super useful.
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2015, 05:48 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I'm using the Metabones adapter with a Nikon lens, no problems. The Metabones adapter has iris control.
Dave Bittner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2015, 10:47 AM   #6
Major Player

I'm using a Fotodiox adaptor to fit my Nikkor lenses onto my LS300.

I've had a Fotodiox on my FS100 for a while and it's really good, in many ways better than my very expensive Mike Tapa original adapter. The Fotodiox adapters have a nice damped aperture action.

The first Nik G - MFT that I got from Fotodiox was faulty, as the aperture wouldn't stay fully open and slowly drifted slightly closed down. Eventually Fotodiox sent a replacement and it's been fine.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders