Who wants a shoulder mounted camera from JVC? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old March 1st, 2016, 04:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Who wants a shoulder mounted camera from JVC?

With the recent price drop, are there any hits at another camera in the future of JVC’s cinema line up? Maybe with an HM700/800 Series body and all the goodies, Something in a proper shoulder mount to compete with Sony and Black Magic’s cameras? Real EVF, ND filter wheel, Anton Bauer battery mount?
Old March 3rd, 2016, 07:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Who wants a shoulder mounted camera from JVC?

If wishes were horses...
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 02:15 AM   #3
Inner Circle

If possible with a rear view mirror build in so I can finally see what's going on behind me while I"m shooting.

Not making fun of you Bo but honestly, how would we know if there is nothing like this announced by JVC.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #4
New Boot

Blackmagic has a shoulder mount camera?
Old March 12th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #5
Major Player

BM has three shoulder mount cameras - Ursa if you're an NFL interior lineman, 2 Ursa Minis if you're not.

Last edited by Steve Rosen; March 12th, 2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old March 13th, 2016, 01:44 AM   #6
New Boot

LOL!
There is an article about the URSA mini being used as an ENG camera []RedShark News - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?. I'm not certain I'd agree with that assessment but I can see the shoulder mount capabilities (though the setup time between the mini and a JVC shoulder mounted camera would be vastly different).
Old March 13th, 2016, 08:57 AM   #7
Major Player

Robert. I had an Ursa Mini on pre-order the day it was announced nearly a year ago (I have two Pocket Cameras and love shooting ProRes HQ). Since I handhold 80% of the time, a shoulder camera was important to me.

Unfortunately BM, as usual, was overly optimistic about the delivery date, and that camera still isn't being delivered. Anyway, then I pre-order an FS5, but needed a UHD camera quick for a job and jumped on the LS300.

In another thread you can see how I've set mine up with a Gratical, grip and inexpensive SmallRig shoulder pad for shooting handheld... It's excellent and I'm going to wait a year or two before even thinking about another camera...

However, if JVC puts the guts of the LS300 - with the horsepower to handle 10 bit - in a package similar to their shoulder mount HDV camera of ten years ago I'll buy it in a New York minute!

Are you listening JVC?
Old March 13th, 2016, 02:51 PM   #8
New Boot

Hmmm, you're right! The Smallrig shoulder pad is cheap. I did see a link to your LS300 setup. Though I normally don't shoot that way I see where it can be useful at the right price. Some more investigation is necessary.
Old March 13th, 2016, 04:49 PM   #9
Major Player

The SmallRig is cheap, but not cheaply made... I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box... I usually make my own parts from aluminum stock, but I couldn't have made one like it for much less - plus it comes with one of their better rod blocks which I don't use on the pad, but use for the bracket for the Aaton grip.
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders