NAB streamer misses opportunity at the JVC booth - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old May 5th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: NAB streamer misses opportunity at the JVC booth

IMO it's not about smart phone v big camera, it's more professional v amateur. It was about walking up to a booth unannounced rolling video, much less broadcasting hot live video, and expecting a corporation to follow along.

Seems totally reasonable to think you should set something up with JVC about talking to someone live first, but things have changed so much "journalistically" I could also offer that JVC probably should have 'media-ready' people manning a booth at big media events. And even so, arranging something a few minutes ahead of broadcasting live should be a professional norm.

Last edited by Jay P. Kaley; May 5th, 2017 at 02:35 PM.
Jay P. Kaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2017, 01:32 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Re: NAB streamer misses opportunity at the JVC booth

OK, I'm writing a script right now that deals with impetuous smartphone streamers:

"Thank you for you interest in [insert company name here] products. Please talk to our on camera media spokesperson, [insert name here] to learn about our new offerings here at [insert trade show name here]."

additional lines to be added due to situation:

"Our spokesperson is not available right now. Please add your name to the media list and we will text you when ready."

"We have promo videos available at [insert website here] that explain in detail our new offerings."

I grant the above lines to all floor reps to use without credit or renumeration to me as I am a generous fellow.

Now here some lines for more frisky floor reps (these are not recommended):

"Nice to meet you, where are your credentials?"

"Can I film you filming us and post it without your permission just like you are doing with us right now?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders