DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/)
-   -   Soccer team training video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/534074-soccer-team-training-video.html)

Jay P. Kaley May 9th, 2017 10:51 PM

Soccer team training video

The beat goes on, had a really bright day and lots of action shooting higher speed so I went with some cinema gamma for the first time in a while. Getting the picture more in camera and allowing it to auto-iris thru sun/shadows was like running home to momma for this old ENG dog.

Aaron Jones Sr. May 11th, 2017 05:50 AM

Re: Soccer team training video

Very nice and sharp. I did notice a little color twinge to auqua on the faces just a little bit in a a couple of spots. Maybe it is just my little Google book that I'm watching it on, or the youtube compression. I really think this is exactly what I was looking for. for the price you can not beat it. What lens or lenses did you shoot this with?

Jay P. Kaley May 11th, 2017 08:27 AM

Cool Alex I'm glad it helps out a bit, just putting some examples of video out as I get more familiar with the camera. Color tints are either a different lens or me messing with shadows a bit, I put the sun behind on purpose, had it better framed on the coach and then the one player was real tall and goofed the framing a bit and I just went with it.

The interviews and closeup stuff were shot with a 35mm and 85mm Veydras. Was also testing an older ENG lens, some of the longer close-ups are that older SD FUJI ENG lens, those are a little softer and may have some different tone, but I can't beat the reach.

I'm going to look into borrowing or renting an HD version for sports. The primes are beauties, but not for catching every minute of gameday action. I've been experimenting with the canon 24-105 for that too, and it's okay but nothing beats the form and function of the long ENG zoom for "cant miss" game action.

Courtney Baynes May 11th, 2017 10:36 AM

Impressive! Looks really sharp and cinematic! Thanks for sharing!

Jay P. Kaley May 11th, 2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Jones Sr. (Post 1932062)
I did notice a little color twinge to auqua on the faces just a little bit in a a couple of spots.

I forgot to note in may last reply, the ginger Irish soccer striker being almost transparent in skin tone around those bright colors didn't help anything! : )

Thanks Courtney appreciate it, it's some of the best action stuff I've shot with this camera so far, the primes and slo-mo are nice when you don't have to worry about missing anything or covering the whole field.

It's a real niche thing, the only time I ever need long zoom is a sports field, if I can rent a HD B4 I'll go that way, right now it's a toss-up with softer but trustily accurate FUJI SD B4 or the canon 24-105 that's not as nimble.