DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/)
-   -   Which camera would you choose? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/534773-camera-would-you-choose.html)

Scott Holt October 9th, 2017 11:13 AM

Which camera would you choose?

I am looking at either getting a Panasonic AG-UX90, a JVC GY-HM200 or a Sony PXW-X70(without 4k). Does anyone care to comment on either of these 3 cameras? I am really looking at the Panny first but would really like some input if you would. I have some Panasonic AG-AC90 cams I use for our stream right now. I want to add another cam and tried a JVC GY-HM600 and like it but it is too different of a picture no matter how I work it I had to relegate the JVC to my main studio camera and take it off of live streaming events. I need something that would look most like the AC90. Thanks.

Paul Anderegg October 10th, 2017 07:07 PM

Re: Which camera would you choose?

The PXW-X70 and UX90 are very similar in specs and appearance. The X70 can do MPEG-TS live streaming, the UX90 comes with 4K and has better color correction matrix tools. The HM200 should be removed from your list, it is not int he same category as the other cameras, it has a very poor picture...see my other HM200 examples posted on this forum.

Paul

Scott Holt October 11th, 2017 06:12 AM

After watching reviews on the 200 I have since removed it from my choice list. Thanks.

Steve Rosen October 12th, 2017 10:03 AM

I've owned, and used, cameras from virtually every manufacturer, film and video. Currently I own a Canon C100, a JVC LS300, two BMD Pockets and a Micro. I've used the JVC regularly for two years, intercutting it seamlessly with the BMD ProRes footage, and while I wouldn't say the LS300 is my favorite camera, I will say that it's one of the best cameras for the price currently available. If it was 10 bit it would blow the doors off the competition.

Pete Cofrancesco October 12th, 2017 10:21 AM

From a usability stand point the best camera I've ever owned is the JVC HM600.

Dylan Couper October 19th, 2017 01:55 PM

C'mon guys, seriously... This isn't a mud wrestling pit, otherwise I would have brought my speedo.

I've deleted everything that wasn't directly camera related and subsequent quotes. Let's get back on topic.

Scott Holt October 19th, 2017 02:05 PM

I have a JVC HM600 but use it in my studio. It is too different of a picture than my Panasonics. If I could have 3 HM600's I would use them for our stream but I don't have the funds to get 2 more. The Panasonics HM600 picture is wonderful.

Jim Nogueira October 19th, 2017 06:26 PM

The Sony and Panasonic mentioned are both fine cameras, and I think you'll be happy with either. You may want to base your decision on other factors, such as what batteries or other accessories you may already own that will work with one or the other camera. Also which manufacturer's products you may have used in the past, and consequently you may feel more comfortable with, especially menus. It's always best to rent a camera first if possible, to make sure that you are comfortable with it.