DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/)
-   -   JVC GZ-HD7 HANDBOOK now available (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/104474-jvc-gz-hd7-handbook-now-available.html)

Steve Mullen September 26th, 2007 11:33 PM

JVC GZ-HD7 HANDBOOK now available

The GZ-HD7 Handbook is designed to meet the needs of prosumers and professionals who are currently shooting with one of the DV or HDV formats. It is a comprehensive introduction to CCDs, MPEG-2, HDV, shooting with the GZ-HD7, HD post-production, and distribution on HD videotape, DVDs, high definition DVD, and 35mm film.

The eBook is available for download from knowledge-download.com at:

http://www.knowledge-download.com/JVCHD7/index.html

The 160-page eBook costs only $29.95 and can be purchased using PayPal, eCheck, and credit cards from American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, Eurcard, JCB, Mastercard, and Visa. All types of payment are processed securely through ClickBank.

The first four chapters introduce the technology you will be using when you shoot and edit with the GZ-HD7.

Chapter 1: All About CCDs

Chapter 2: All About MPEG-2

Chapter 3: All About HDV

Chapter 4: Analog Audio Connections

Chapters 5 introduces the skills necessary for working with JVC’s GZ-HD7 camcorder.

Chapter 5: GZ-HD7 Shooting Guide

Chapter 6 covers in-field production workflows.

Chapter 6: Backup and Achieve

Chapter 7 covers editing workflows including: FCP, iMovie HD, Xpress Pro, Composer, Liquid, EDIUS, Premiere Pro CS3, and Vegas.

Chapter 7: Editing Workflows

Chapter 8 details the use of 1080i to release on several types of HD media.

Chapter 8: 1080 to HD Movies, High-definition DVDs, and Film

There are several reasons why those shooting 720p50/720p60 or 720p25/720p30 with JVC’s ProHD camcorders are interested in using the JVC GZ-HD7 as a “B camera.”

Chapter 9: Conversion to 720p60

While Progressive HD displays are now the norm, interlace HD is most prevalent HD format. To properly display interlace video, it must be deinterlaced correctly. Chapter 10 explains how to choose the best flat-screen display.

Chapter 10: Display Deinterlacing

Simon Gee September 29th, 2007 12:21 PM

Well done Steve. Just bought my copy. will keep you posted on any exatar titbits for future revisions.
Simon

Steve Mullen October 1st, 2007 02:31 AM

Hi Simon,

I saw you order when I was checking what countries were buying. Interesting that most of the orders have been from outside the USA. Perhaps, they have been less influenced by camcorderinfo.com's negative review.

Feedback welcome.

Steve Mullen March 17th, 2008 08:07 PM

Apple "iMovie 08 Guide" added to JVC GZ-HD7 Handbook

For the last 6-months I’ve been working with Apple’s iMovie 08. Despite negative reviews -- I’ve found iMovie 08 to be a wonderfully innovative NLE that lets me edit HD and SD very rapidly. (Our HD7 also often received bad reviews. Seems some reviewers really don’t take the time to explore new products.)

I have become so fond of working fast that I’ve written a 70-page "iMovie 08 Guide." I have completely eliminated the need to wait while MPEG Streamclip converts TOD files! No more long waits!

And if I want -- I can export an iMovie 08 Project to FCE or FCP (using XML) for “finishing.” Obviously, Apple intends this to be a “combo.”

My "iMovie 08 Guide" not only covers editing GZ-HD7 video with iMovie 08, it also covers editing HDV, DV, and AVCHD with iMovie 08.

I’ve added the "iMovie 08 Guide" to my "JVC GZ-HD7 Handbook" that continues to be available for download from knowledge-download.com at:
http://www.knowledge-download.com/JVCHD7/index.html

If you are a Mac person, you might want to give iMovie 08 a try. It plays nicely with ProRes 422, Compressor, Soundtrack Pro, and DVD Studio Pro. I’ve been happily burning HD DVDs using DVD Studio Pro. Next, I’m going to try creating 5.1 soundtracks with Soundtrack Pro. Of course, SD exports from iMovie 08 work with both GarageBand and iDVD.

>> Appendix A: Editing HDV and DV with iMovie 08
> Recommended iMovie Settings
> Editing GZ-HD7 TOD Files
Create a Virtual Disk
TOD to MOV
Changing File Dates
Import MOV Clips into iMovie 08
> Capture and Import DV, HDV, and AVCHD
Capture DV
Capture HDV
Import AVCHD
Harddisk Import