DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/)
-   -   Strange Behaviour of the HD7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/107957-strange-behaviour-hd7.html)

Adrian Vargas November 14th, 2007 12:44 PM

Strange Behaviour of the HD7

Has anyone experienced a "stuck" motor sound from your camera whenever you turn it on? This has happened to me a couple of times in the past, and the other day it happened three times in a row. I can't point out where it is coming from - Lens, HD, ? Any thoughts? My solution... turn it off, and then turn it on again. It is umpredictbale, and cannot be pinpointed to a specific situation.

Also, I have been experienced "grainy" or "pixelated" images from playing with the White Balance settings and shooting under poor light conditions - Night and day compared to an outdoors/shinny day footage. My only question here is... Is this normal behaviour or do you believe there is something wrong with the camera?

Thanks!

Chad M. Bell November 16th, 2007 04:34 AM

I have never heard any sounds like that at all. Sounds like there might be a problem. However I know very little about this camera technically, so wait to hear the overall reply. Just wanted to give you my input. Good Luck!

Ray Grizzle November 16th, 2007 09:14 PM

I'm not too sure about the strange noises, but the noise in the low light video is normal. The HD7 has been quite infamous for poor low light performance.

John Hong November 17th, 2007 01:19 AM

Not surprising, I mean it only does have 1/5" CCD's after all. Be kind of cool if they released a successor to it with 1/4" CCD's....

Ray Grizzle November 18th, 2007 03:59 AM

As a filmmaker, I light my shots anyway, so it's not an issue, but yeah.

Jean-Jacques Gaudel November 23rd, 2007 03:42 PM

Yeh, low light is no good. But back to the original thread, I do get that motor noise quite a bit, especially if I have just folded the LCD panel and open it back up. I don't like it either.... Anybody else hears that motor noise?

Michael Ferreira December 8th, 2007 09:07 AM

The sound you hear is a type of internal servo that changes between the LCD and the Viewfinder standby trigers. if it's the same sound i hear this is how you can re produce the sound.

Open your LCD, Fire up the cam, Open the lens cover, after you see video on the LCD, Close the LCD and pull back the View finder to get image out of it.

What happens when you close the LCD is the camera is going into stand by mode because the view finder is closed. Once you open(pull) the view finder you will go back out of standby.

I also believe that there is a setting for primary display in the menu. You can choose from the view finder or the LCD. Not sure if that effects the standby at all or not.

I really can't tell you what the sound is. But it's based on the camera turning on and off,standby. I just think it's the mechanics getting ready to shoot. During the sound the lens moves back and forth as i am sure the harddrive does.

The only thing I am really worried about is harddrive failure but thats not related to this thread.

Mike

Gerry Gallegos January 5th, 2008 11:45 AM

To add to the symptoms, I got this noise for the first time today. and I also noticed the picture jumping around in the viewfinder. the problem, due to the jumping picture might be coming from the POS image stabilization system. because at least with me the two issues seem to happen together.

Michael Ferreira January 8th, 2008 09:44 AM

to find out if it's the IS. try to reproduce the shake with the LCD. if you can't then it's not the IS.

Try the steps i listed above to see if you can reproduce the noise as well.

as far as the IS. i never have it on so im not sure how bad things get with it.. but again just try with lcd also.

Cam McKinlay August 26th, 2009 01:21 AM

Werid noise and shaking image from HD7

I am also getting the weird sound and shaking image. I am currently transferring video to my computer and it makes the sound randomly and for 5 seconds to 15 seconds. It also occured today while i was shooting. and yes I found the remedy to be turning off the camera and turning it back on. But if it is a problem I would like to know what it is so i can have it repaired.

Adrian Vargas August 28th, 2009 05:46 PM

Turn IS off

I ended up turning the IS off, and end of story. Besides, it does a lousy job.