JVC GZ HD7 resellers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Closed Thread

Old November 19th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #1
New Boot

JVC GZ HD7 resellers

Hey guys, I need some input about the online resellers. I did a search on the internet and came up with shopcartusa.com, they are a price comparision website to help you compare prices on product. I'm looking into the GZ HD7 and one of the resellers are selling this camera for $549.00. I was shocked when I saw this price. There's also a 2nd reseller listing the camera at $529.00. Both claim it's brand new in the box. NOT use or Referb. My question is, how can they make any money selling the GZ HD7 so low? I'm skeptical about buying from either one, but the price is too good to pass up. Any input would be great... I didn't list the resellers, but you can check at shopcartusa.com and type in JVC GZ HD7, you'll find a bunch of prices.
Old November 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #2
Trustee

The camcorder was selling for around 1400 to 1700 dollars when it first came out and B&H is currently selling it for $1098. You’re guaranteed to get it brand new with a full manufactures warrantee doing it this way.

Those retailers do claim the same thing but I wouldn’t trust them.

The extra money that you pay to get one from a reputable dealer will give you a peace of mind knowing that you’re fully covered no matter what happens in the future.
Old November 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for your input. I just called one of the resellers to ask questions. The sale person stated they sell at wholesale prices and they have been around for 15 years based out of NY. The full manufacture warranty still applies and the items are all brand new. Hmm, any more input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

They are Grey market products. They are not US possibly Japan or Korea. Stay away from these too good to be true dealers. They call you back and ask if you want extras and if you do not buy more extras they tell you it cost more. Once they get your money, its impossible to get it back.
Old November 26th, 2007, 11:32 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

On this site we refer *all* where-to-buy questions to our trusted site sponsors.

They're always your best bet. http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series