JVC GZHD7 New Video Clips! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old December 30th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #31
Major Player

JVC GZ-HD7 new clip!

I have made one video recently, here is link: Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad, Dec 2008 on Vimeo
This is "Kankaria Lake" of Ahmedabad city; this is view of it after renovation! This was inaugurated on 25th of December 2008. It is about 2.5KM long in round dimension!

The Lake looks really beautiful! At night time it looks stunning!

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #32
Regular Crew

I like some of the effects you did. Nice shots.

Question how often do you stick when you shoot?
Mark Cinense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Cinense View Post
I like some of the effects you did. Nice shots.

Question how often do you stick when you shoot?
Mark Cinese,

I am glad you like this video, yes some effects look very nice! And about your question, I would say I never used tripod for my any videos, uploaded here! But I am going to buy good tripod for my work, I am not professtional, but I am just beginner.

I will soon update same video, with more inputs and I will remind you that time to see again.

I am very much fond of JVC GZ-HD7.

Kaushik
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Kaushik, very nice videos. I wish i have the time to take videos and edit it. I think the HD7 has problem with stabilization? Am i right?
Jade Maestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:16 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Maestre View Post
Kaushik, very nice videos. I wish i have the time to take videos and edit it. I think the HD7 has problem with stabilization? Am i right?
it does seem that the HD7 has OIS issues after 4x, but on sticks, this camera wroks very nice. I currently have a Velbon Tripod I got while in Washington state this last summer. I bought it at Fry's, but I would like to get a nicer set of sticks when I get around to it. Right now, I am looking to build a light kit and different lenses, and wireless Mics...

I got my camera from the Dr. in this forum... I almost went for the HG20, but my wife's cousin ended up buying the last one here in Albuquerque. Now she wants to compare to see which one is better. She is a painter and I doubt she will heavily get into videography, but you never know. At this point, I hope to out shoot her because her advantage is that she is an artist and my handicap is that I am a computer geek. I don't really think that I am artsy at all.
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:21 PM   #36
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Maestre View Post
Jade Maestre,

I am glad you like the video, thanks for your compliments! No I do not think OIS weak! I am fine with it, even you can see my all videos, they are ok with OIS issue.

I will update this same video tomorrow, and will send you link.

Kaushik
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Cinense View Post
it does seem that the HD7 has OIS issues after 4x, but on sticks, this camera wroks very nice. I currently have a Velbon Tripod I got while in Washington state this last summer. I bought it at Fry's, but I would like to get a nicer set of sticks when I get around to it. Right now, I am looking to build a light kit and different lenses, and wireless Mics...

I got my camera from the Dr. in this forum... I almost went for the HG20, but my wife's cousin ended up buying the last one here in Albuquerque. Now she wants to compare to see which one is better. She is a painter and I doubt she will heavily get into videography, but you never know. At this point, I hope to out shoot her because her advantage is that she is an artist and my handicap is that I am a computer geek. I don't really think that I am artsy at all.
Great! Do you have upload your videos?

Kaushik
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Kaushik,

I will upload some of the work I have done. I am a noob at this, about 9 months using FC, but I have been editing regularly since July and started shooting some of the stuff that I edit about 3 months ago. I have some other footage that I will edit soon, but just depends on time right now.

I know I should have lots of time now since I am unemployed, but I have other things going on that keeps me on my toes.

I will post a new thread as soon as I get the videos uploaded. I expect a lot of criticism since I am new at this. So I need a lot of pointers.
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #39
Major Player

JVC GZ-HD7 video clip

Guys, I have more input in my one of video clip here is link if some one would like to see it:
Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad, December 2008 on Vimeo

Kaushik
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Can you upload a small sample (a few seconds) of the original .mod file (eg on rapidshare or other host)?
Ken Johnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #41
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Johnes View Post
Can you upload a small sample (a few seconds) of the original .mod file (eg on rapidshare or other host)?
Ok, but which part of this video you want small clip? Do let me know I will upload it. And do you like this "Kankaria Lake" video?

Kaushik
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar View Post
Ok, but which part of this video you want small clip? Do let me know I will upload it. And do you like this "Kankaria Lake" video?

Kaushik
(Sorry, I didn't see your reply earlier)
Thanks Kaushik, 2:12 - 2.32 (from the second video) will be fine (20 secs) -if this is too much, just make it shorter.

Yes, I like your "Kankaria Lake" video, there are many interesting shots and you've done far better editing in the second one! I also liked that Indian dance!

About stablity: If you used a monopod, you'd have 10 times greater stability or more, almost professional, it is easy to carry, it is light and foldable.
Old January 11th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #43
Major Player

Quote:
(Sorry, I didn't see your reply earlier)
Thanks Kaushik, 2:12 - 2.32 (from the second video) will be fine (20 secs) -if this is too much, just make it shorter.

Yes, I like your "Kankaria Lake" video, there are many interesting shots and you've done far better editing in the second one! I also liked that Indian dance!

About stablity: If you used a monopod, you'd have 10 times greater stability or more, almost professional, it is easy to carry, it is light and foldable.
Ken Johnes,

From 2:12 to 2:32, total four different clips are involved, which clip you want? You want dance sequence clips or that white & yellow structural clip? Do let me know I will upload an original file for you!

And I am glad you like this video, so far I have not used tripod or monopod but I will use it in near future.

And that dance sequence actually is rehearsal, they are doing practice for their show, same day they have had their dance presentation, and if I would have captured original dance event in the night, that would have been great!

Yes, Indian tradition dance are amazing and have some very innovative steps! I invite you to see one of my old video, if you are fond of music and dance than see this link: Navaratri 2007, in Ahmedabad city of India on Vimeo

Send me your reaction after seeing it!

Again I thank for your appreciation.

Kaushik
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #44
Regular Crew

Quote:
Ken Johnes,

From 2:12 to 2:32, total four different clips are involved, which clip you want? You want dance sequence clips or that white & yellow structural clip? Do let me know I will upload an original file for you!
Oh, you're right, then a sample of the dance sequence where the dancers are in focus, or a sample of the clip starting at 1:42 (which starts with the tree and then shows some people) -whichever looks to you more "clean" will be fine -sorry for the hassle and thanks!

Quote:
Yes, Indian tradition dance are amazing and have some very innovative steps! I invite you to see one of my old video, if you are fond of music and dance than see this link: Navaratri 2007, in Ahmedabad city of India on Vimeo
That's what I thought, innovative steps, in a style which I've never seen before!

Thanks for the festival clip, it was interesting and it looks like you have a lot of fun!
Still, to understand better that style, I'd prefer the dance clip on your "Kankaria Lake" video with that choreography based probably on the best traditional steps.
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #45
Major Player

Quote:
Oh, you're right, then a sample of the dance sequence where the dancers are in focus, or a sample of the clip starting at 1:42 (which starts with the tree and then shows some people) -whichever looks to you more "clean" will be fine -sorry for the hassle and thanks!

That's what I thought, innovative steps, in a style which I've never seen before!

Thanks for the festival clip, it was interesting and it looks like you have a lot of fun!
Still, to understand better that style, I'd prefer the dance clip on your "Kankaria Lake" video with that choreography based probably on the best traditional steps.
Here is uploaded link: Download MOV055 TOD for free at Uploading.com

And that dance clip is huge in size, but I will try to upload it soon. Uper link is raw file, an original! And send me your reaction!

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series