Please Help, I need a one step DVD from my Gzhd7. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old December 26th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #1
Tourist

Please Help, I need a one step DVD from my Gzhd7.

I am wondering if anyone discovered a way to make a one step DVD from the Gzhd7 using iDVD 06 or even iMovie 06.
I have the CU-VD40 sharestation but as far a I understand the DVD's created with the sharestation cannot be played in a conventional DVD player.

I have been asked to record a special event next weekend (about 120min) and after the shoot I just want to drop the clips straight on to a DVD, no edditing and have the DVD play in a conventional player.

I am also having trouble importing playlists into iMovie 06. unless I hit the import button AFTER each clip begins to play and BEFORE it ends, the sound is distorted terribly and the clips playback slow.

Any help would be much appreciated as have been struggling to nut this one out for too many late nights!
Regards from a fustrated,
Kerrod.!
Kerrod McShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:52 AM   #2
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrod McShane View Post
I am also having trouble importing playlists into iMovie 06. unless I hit the import button AFTER each clip begins to play and BEFORE it ends, the sound is distorted terribly and the clips playback slow.
Open iMovie 06 and Import TOD files directly from the HD7's harddisk. No need for playlists! Of course, don't forget to install the OS X TOD driver.
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:47 AM   #3
Tourist

Thank you Steve,

I just find improting via usb is taking heaps longer than actual playback time that is why I was going with the firewire. but I am looking at up-specking my MacBook so hopefully that should help.

Any Idea how long importing via usb into iMovieHD should take?
Kerrod McShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #4
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrod McShane View Post
Thank you Steve,

I just find improting via usb is taking heaps longer than actual playback time that is why I was going with the firewire. but I am looking at up-specking my MacBook so hopefully that should help.

Any Idea how long importing via usb into iMovieHD should take?
USB 2.0 and FW are claimed to be about the same speed.

I just found that -- SURPRISE -- iDVD imports TOD files from the HD7!

Not sure what you can do with this capability, but it was interesting to find.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series