QT component dead after QT update (Mac)? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old April 6th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #16
Major Player

Thanks for that, Steve.
Obviously I'm not using iMovie 08!
But seriously, MPEG is great for doing lots of other conversions, not the least of which is its batch handling capabilities - and its price!
Cheers
Chris
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:34 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I spoke to JVC customer service there and they say that the quicktime solution will be available from their HD7 support page as a download within the next day or so.

I dont have imovie 08 either and use final cut pro which should be able to handle anything. Just not this JVC codec it would seem. I dont want to outlay cash on another software package like that unless I absolutely have to.

Anyway I'm still looking for a copy of the original software disc anyone want to SELL me a copy? I have paypal so can offer incentive, and have had no luck with my appeals so far. JVC will not supply a copy.
David Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carter View Post
I JVC will not supply a copy.
It is unfortunate JVC will not give you software CD-ROM, I wish I could be around you and would have given mine CD-ROM. You are too far from me otherwise I would have sent you CD-ROM to you.

I am telling you again why don't you buy CyberLink's "PowerDirector 6" which allows you to convert .tpd files in to .mpeg files.

Here is link: http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_4_ENU.html

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 07:49 AM   #19
Tourist

dropping frames???

I know Steve Mullen will probably want to slap me with his ruler and tell me to look as his post on not using QT with the camera but.....
I just bought it a week ago and its stressing me out a bit. I rolled back to QT Pro 7.3.1 and installed the plug in but when I try to view the TOD file with QT it seems to be dropping frames???? It skips and jumps about. It seems to work fine when I view it in VLC. I want to update and try QT 7.4 with the new patch that someone posted earlier but I'm scared I'll have to do a roll back again and it wasnt easy last time, although that little pacifist program is lovely. I'm hoping to work with FCP to edit as its the soft ware I know best.

Mac spec

Model Name: PowerBook G4 15"
Model Identifier: PowerBook5,4
Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (1.1)
Processor Speed: 1.33 GHz
Number Of CPUs: 1
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 1.25 GB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
System Version: Mac OS X 10.5
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.0.0
Eleanor Duffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #20
Major Player

David,

If you send me your address, I'll copy you the disc that came with my HD7 and post it to you, no problem.

wayne.avanson@zen.co.uk

I have rolled back my quicktime to 7.3.1 on a four year old G5 running 10.4.11
It is a little jrky sometimes but I put tha down to the G5 struggling to keep up. On my Intel MacBook Pro, TOD files into Quicktime seems to work smoothly enough. Have just downloaded the latest patch and will take one of my macs to QT 7.4 again to see if the patch works OK.

Cheers

Avey
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #21
Tourist

QT Patch works

JVC's latest patch for the Quicktime plugin for 7.4 works fine. Plus ...get Steve Mullen's book. It will make such a difference to your importing process into iMovie 08 you'll not stop praising him.
Marc Colyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM   #22
Major Player

I've just tried the new patch on 7.4 QT and at first it didn't work. …then I restarted…

DOH

Works fine now.
I'll upgrade the QT on the old G5 now too. Excellent.

Wayne
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:34 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Thanks to the guys that helped me get a copy of the disk! Very much appreciated! Sorry I've not got back to you but I ran out of time on this problem last week. Will be reattempting to get my footage off and edited later on today!
David Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 05:39 AM   #24
Tourist

importing using imovie HD

Because my computer is old, its not compatible with imovie 08 so I have to use imovieHD. My TOD footage when viewed in QT 7.4 (I upgraded and downloaded the patch and is working fine) skips about and doesn't play smoothly. I really want to bring the footage into edit in FCP of which my version is 4.5. Today I manage to import my TOD file into imovie HD by just using file import. I was surprised this worked as I've only seen explanations of how to import into imovie using the iLink cable. By importing the TOD file rather than capturing using the iLink is the file less compressed?
Eleanor Duffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #25
HDV Cinema

Yes -- iMovie 06 imports TOD fine. But, there is a big BUT.

During import TOD is converted to AIC which expands the file about 3X and takes a looong time.

With iMovie 08 -- there is no conversion to another codec.

Are you sure you can't use 08?
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #26
Tourist

Thanks Steve

Nope cant use iMovie '08 as it requires a G5 or Intel processor. mine is a G4 and power pc. i love the camera and just want to get the best quality i can get for the moment till i upgrade. it might be a while before this happens though! till then i'll be still jumping through hoops .
Eleanor Duffin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series