JVC's New HD6 1080 60p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old January 31st, 2008, 10:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC's New HD6 1080 60p

Hi

I have a ? The new HD6 records in 1920 x1080i the same as the HD7 but outputs in 1080p 60fps. Is that right . I was looking over the spec sheet. I would have thought it would record in 1920x1080p60 and out at 60fps but that is not so. and they also made a statment that the VD-40 unit will output it at 60p also. So if the file is stored at 1080i the camera outputs it a 60p and the VD-40 outputs the file at 60p is that the same ?? as if the footage was from the HD7 out putted on the VD-40 ???? and the VD-40 would play it at 60p?

Len, hope that made sence !
Leonard Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Major Player

I saw the press release and i get the impression the 60p HDMI output is for viewing on 1080/p monitor. The .tod files are most likely 1080i. I'm not aware of any edit system that supports 1080/60p.
Old January 31st, 2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I think all the chips and boards are the same just different programing. Save money, cost less, make alot of different models in HD, just don't give them what they want. always leave something off. Just play with us JVC !!

Len
Old January 31st, 2008, 07:19 PM   #4

...and these are .25 inch sensors?
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 09:53 PM   #5
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Richardson View Post
they also made a statment that the VD-40 unit will output it at 60p also. So if the file is stored at 1080i the camera outputs it a 60p and the VD-40 outputs the file at 60p is that the same ?? as if the footage was from the HD7 out putted on the VD-40 ???? and the VD-40 would play it at 60p?
The VD-40 outputs 60p only when it is connected to the camcorder so the camcorder's I>P chip is used.

Now if we could find an EZ way to create the files that can be written to the camcorder's disk one could buy an HD5 just as a player. :)

The fact is that ALL HDTVs convert I > P. The best deinterlacers do exactly what the deinterlacer in the camcorder does. This a bogus feature. Shame on JVC.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:10 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
The fact is that ALL HDTVs convert I > P. The best deinterlacers do exactly what the deinterlacer in the camcorder does. This a bogus feature. Shame on JVC.
Thanks for clarifying this point, Steve. Many non-techie buyers will be deceived into thinking that '1080p/60 output' doubles their HD picture quality, or provides a recording capability only available in $50,000 pro cameras. I figure that if the camcorder were that great, JVC wouldn't have to resort to such gimmicks.
Mike Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi

Thanks Steve, that is what I was thinking , but was not sure. I also have your Hand book. Great work ! Thanks for you time on this site and your Hand Book .

Len
Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM   #8
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
Many non-techie buyers will be deceived into thinking that '1080p/60 output' doubles their HD picture quality, or provides a recording capability only available in $50,000 pro cameras.
Given the fact that many 1920x1080 displays -- including JVCs -- that can input 60P already have a high-quality deinterlacer that does exactly what these camcorders do, it's hard not to think that it was JVC's intention to fool folks into thinking these new camcorders do something really great.

In fairness, however, the material presented in Japan makes it very clear the chip used in the camcorders is the same as used in JVC's new HDTVs. So the Japanese consumer is more likely to get all the facts and be able to understand them.

Outside Japan, however, the marketing material will be taken as "fact." Think of how the current brochure describes the advantages of OIS -- yet EIS might well work better than the camera's actual OIS implementation.

So I'll reserve judgement until I see the brochure. If it makes it clear that this feature is for those that have HDTVs that, unlike JVC's HDTVs, do not display clear MOTION -- then I don't see a problem.

By the way, many HDTVs are unable to correctly deinterlace 60i. JVC is one of the few companies where ALL of its HDTVs do it correctly.

PS: The other point that must be made in the brochure is that this feature does nothing for those who edit.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
PS: The other point that must be made in the brochure is that this feature does nothing for those who edit.
Those who don't edit are inherently the more casual, consumer users who are least likely to appreciate that either the camcorder or the display can deinterlace, although there may be differences in their performance.

In fact, that was my initial bafflement upon reading the JVC press release about 1080p/60 capability -- how are people going to edit that stream? The answer, evidently, is that they aren't.

I hope that the brochure will be as candid and educational as you have outlined. But if this were a wager, I'd bet the other way. ;-)
Mike Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 03:33 PM   #10
Tourist

Any reviews yet?

Has anyone put their hands on one of these (HD5/HD6) yet? All the info I can find is just regurgitated cut/paste from JVC's press release.

I'm going to buy a HD/HDD camcorder soon, but would like to know if there are any improvements made to the HD6 over the HD7 besides HDD capacity (like OIS, software, interface or image quality)
Earl James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:20 PM   #11
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl James View Post
Has anyone put their hands on one of these (HD5/HD6) yet? All the info I can find is just regurgitated cut/paste from JVC's press release.

I'm going to buy a HD/HDD camcorder soon, but would like to know if there are any improvements made to the HD6 over the HD7 besides HDD capacity (like OIS, software, interface or image quality)
I love my HD7 and nothing from JVC since it offers what the HD7 offers. And the HD7 is getting cheaper.
Old February 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #12
Tourist

Quote:
I love my HD7 and nothing from JVC since it offers what the HD7 offers. And the HD7 is getting cheaper.
Thanks!

I was planning on the HD7 (I really like the manual focus option) especially now that the price has dropped. I was just curious about any "major" improvements to the newer models. If the only difference is smaller size and larger HDD capacity, I'll get the HD7 (since MF is eliminated on the HD5/6)

It never fails, just as I'm about to invest in some $$ gadget, they release a "new and improved" (and more expensive) version, although in this case, it appears they only shrank the housing.

The only drawback I see (which seems to be true regardless of brand) is the "10X" zoom still leaves you with a wide shot, I'd really like to see more of a telephoto zoom lens.
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Thanks!

I was planning on the HD7 (I really like the manual focus option) especially now that the price has dropped. I was just curious about any "major" improvements to the newer models. If the only difference is smaller size and larger HDD capacity, I'll get the HD7 (since MF is eliminated on the HD5/6)

It never fails, just as I'm about to invest in some $$ gadget, they release a "new and improved" (and more expensive) version, although in this case, it appears they only shrank the housing.

The only drawback I see (which seems to be true regardless of brand) is the "10X" zoom still leaves you with a wide shot, I'd really like to see more of a telephoto zoom lens.
You should wait for some days let new models come out, I am proud owner of JVC GZHD7, I am very much happy with it, the colours are fantastic, better than any of recent cameras, no doubt!

See my all videos here: http://vimeo.com/user318721/videos

Send your feedback/suggestions if you likes or not!

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #14
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar View Post
You should wait for some days let new models come out, I am proud owner of JVC GZHD7, I am very much happy with it, the colours are fantastic, better than any of recent cameras, no doubt!

See my all videos here: http://vimeo.com/user318721/videos

Send your feedback/suggestions if you likes or not!

Kaushik
I noticed a lot of jumping in the movement and pixilation in your highway scene, is that a result of the vimeo upload? or is the traffic speed too fast?

Would a lower resolution make for smoother high speed movement?

I turned off the HD in the window, but that only increased the pixilation.
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
I noticed a lot of jumping in the movement and pixilation in your highway scene, is that a result of the vimeo upload? or is the traffic speed too fast?

Would a lower resolution make for smoother high speed movement?

I turned off the HD in the window, but that only increased the pixilation.
Well, it is running perfect in my Laptop, did you downloaded or seen online? Anyway point is that JVC GZHD7 gives very nice colors very soothing to our eyes! If you go through some more of mine videos you will able to see some stunning colors, which can only gives JVC GZHD7 in its categories, this is my opinion!

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series