Plug In download for FCP? HD7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old April 5th, 2008, 08:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Plug In download for FCP? HD7

I just got a lovely (second hand HD7) through the post and the software disc is missing. Is there somewhere I can download this disc or even just the FCP plug in.

The component cable and the shoulder strap were also missing, anyone know where these can be bought? The cable seems to be sepcific to the JVC or am I wrong?

Incidentally had a play with the cam, looking good....
David Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carter View Post
I just got a lovely (second hand HD7) through the post and the software disc is missing. Is there somewhere I can download this disc or even just the FCP plug in.

The component cable and the shoulder strap were also missing, anyone know where these can be bought? The cable seems to be sepcific to the JVC or am I wrong?

Incidentally had a play with the cam, looking good....
David Carter,

If you would have been in India then I would have been given mine software disc. It is only useful to convert your .tpd file in to .mpeg files. I would suggest you to buy PowerDirector 6 from CyberLink which allows you to convert .tpd files in to .mpeg files. It is about $79 only. And trust me it is good editing software! And maybe some other software also able to convert those JVC .tpd files in to .mpeg.

I have Vista based Laptop so I am not aware about FCP, in fact I would like to edit my clips in FCP but I am not sure whether it supports window Vista based PC or not?

I am sure you will have great time with JVC GZHD7, by the way how much did you spend?

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Regular Crew

hi again Kaushik

It was very hard to get a pal hd7 second hand but I eventually got one through ebay for £511- inclusive of postage. Thats just over $1000-

For some reason the Pal camcorders cost more than the ntsc ones... not sure why. but being uk and my other cam being pal i felt it was necessary for me to buy pal. Took it out for some trial shots there and its pretty darn good. Very clear picture, made even Glasgow look beautiful... and it was sunny but very cold today.

Mac compatability is absolutely vital for me, and the disc that is missing would allow me to edit with FCP. Bit of a pain. I also have a pc so will try and capture/ edit using it for the moment.
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
hi again Kaushik

It was very hard to get a pal hd7 second hand but I eventually got one through ebay for £511- inclusive of postage. Thats just over $1000-

For some reason the Pal camcorders cost more than the ntsc ones... not sure why. but being uk and my other cam being pal i felt it was necessary for me to buy pal. Took it out for some trial shots there and its pretty darn good. Very clear picture, made even Glasgow look beautiful... and it was sunny but very cold today.

Mac compatability is absolutely vital for me, and the disc that is missing would allow me to edit with FCP. Bit of a pain. I also have a pc so will try and capture/ edit using it for the moment.
David Carter,

It cost you much high! You could have bought new in this price! Why you need PAL? Here in India we have PAL systems but I have NTSC camera and I am fine with it!

Here is my profile on vimeo, if you would like to see my posted videos, maybe you have already gone through! http://www.vimeo.com/user318721/videos

Kaushik
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thats the best price i could have gotten it at, believe me I REALLY looked. UK import taxes, plus vat push costs way way up.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE SOFTWARE DISC?
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #6
Major Player

The only thing the software disc is good for is the QuickTime plug-in. The rest of it is Windows garbage.
I would think you could get the necessary QuickTime plug-in as a download from the JVC website. when I return to work I will look and see if what I have can be made available to you.
In the meantime, if you don't have it, download MPEGStramclip 1.9. Then get Steve Mullins online book. It is well worth the read.
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar View Post
David Carter,
I have Vista based Laptop so I am not aware about FCP, in fact I would like to edit my clips in FCP but I am not sure whether it supports window Vista based PC or not?
Kaushik
FCP is Mac only. SONY Vegas is an excellent PC editing platform. It comes in several flavors, from entry level to pro. I know several PC platform users who praise it. Give it a look. It may be a good product to move to when you have gone beyond the NLE you are currently using.
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #8
Regular Crew

hey Waldemar

I've been on the JVC website looking for the plug in and didnt find it... I looked on the net and downlowded what I thought was it but it wouldnt install so i reckon i got the wrong thing. I'd apreciate any help you could offer in this regard

cheers

carter
Old April 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #9
Tourist

Call the JVC Service Center

Call the JVC Service Center. Don't know if it'll be the same for my NTSC camera and your PAL camera. I had to get a new disc; they sent one to me. Mine was no-fee. Your's might be too, or a nominal fee. Good luck with your camera.

Actually, I never use the software. I've downloaded a pdf copy of the manual, asked some questions about the firewire download, purchased Steve Mullen's great book, and I'm good to go.
Dan Epright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:14 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Yes thats the only remaining solution now to install whatever is provided on the disc. They are closed on weekends so I'll call tomorrow and report back. Thanks
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:39 AM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Yes thats the only remaining solution now to install whatever is provided on the disc. They are closed on weekends so I'll call tomorrow and report back. Thanks
David Carter,

If I would be in your situation then I would have gone with my Laptop with blank CD-ROM to my nearest JVC store that sells JVC GZHD7, and request him to get software disc so then I can do copy of same and return it back to him!

You able to do same?

Kaushik
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:04 AM   #12
Regular Crew

There isn't a store in Glasgow unfortunately. I'll sort it out next week. Picture quality is very nice from the cam, pity about these editing issues for macs.
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:51 AM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
There isn't a store in Glasgow unfortunately. I'll sort it out next week. Picture quality is very nice from the cam, pity about these editing issues for macs.
Oh! I see! Anyway I am glad you like the camera, I hope you will capture some nice location and will do some editing work and then upload them in vimeo, so then we can see "Scotland"! I love your county's locations!

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series