Stud Hole position at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old April 10th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Major Player

Stud Hole position

Does anyone know of an attachment that might allow me to get a more centrally positioned stud hole under the HD7? I'm having a problem getting the camera to balance on the Manfrotto Modo steadycam thing because the stud hole in the camera is so far down in the back corner and far too near the edge of the camera.

Maybe there's a plate of some kind that screws into the camera but then has its own screw hole which I can reposition on the underside of the camera to better suit my needs?

It wouldn't half make life easier.

Avey
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #2
Major Player

I would suggest visiting your local hardware store and purchase an aluminum bar about 25mm wide x 150mm long x 3.5mm thick. The metal is soft and holes are easily drilled to the proper size and can be threaded with a threading wrench to accept the thumbscrew normally part of the tripod head.. A flat head machine bolt can secure the bar to the camera. The thumbscrew on the tripod might have to be replaced with one a bit longer.
Old April 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Cheers for that, I might have a go at that.

Wayne
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series