DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/)
-   -   JVC GZ-HD7 DIY 35mm Adapter (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/119518-jvc-gz-hd7-diy-35mm-adapter.html)

Gary Colon April 15th, 2008 10:20 PM

JVC GZ-HD7 DIY 35mm Adapter

Im sure someone out there has come up with something already, but if not, YAY!!! Anyways, here is some footage shot with a GZ-HD7 and a DIY 35mm Adapter. The Lens is a Nikon Nikkor 28-55mm F=1:4.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oII1BajUyUw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pw66coxEL8U

In the first video, the room is being remodeled and there was really bad lighting but I think it came out great even so. Anyways, I was trying to make a Music Video or anything, I had just finished my adapter and I got the chance to test it out. Comments/Feedback would be great guys! Thanks!!

Jason Burkhimer April 16th, 2008 08:09 AM

You should use a site that allows you to upload and play vids in HD. Try Vimeo. I have a couple of vids posted on there. Its pretty nice.

-burk

Ray Grizzle April 16th, 2008 06:47 PM

Wow, that's awesome? How much did that cost you?
I've been wanting an adapter for a while. The color and DOF look great, but there seems to be a vignetting problem, or was that intentional?

Gary Colon April 17th, 2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Burkhimer (Post 861551)
You should use a site that allows you to upload and play vids in HD. Try Vimeo. I have a couple of vids posted on there. Its pretty nice.

-burk

Yea, I heard about the site not long ago and I just recently made a profile, Ill be posting soon. I just had those vids up already and wanted to see how it was looking so far. My project is yet to be complete, I have a few more things to add, but it should be good. Thats only with a static GG holder, so Im still ordering a vibrating one. Thanks for the comments

Gary Colon April 17th, 2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Grizzle (Post 861892)
Wow, that's awesome? How much did that cost you?
I've been wanting an adapter for a while. The color and DOF look great, but there seems to be a vignetting problem, or was that intentional?

The entire project was around $150. It was really cheap for me, I found great deals online. My lens was actually second hand from a lady that used to be in photography and didnt have any use for it now. Right now I just bought a 28-210mm lens (so I can do zooms) for about $30 with shipping and I still need to buy a vibrating GG holder, so I would say my entire project would be anywhere from $200-220. The vignetting was due to the fact that I had my entire Macro set screwed in lol. I had the 10+, 4+, 2+ and 1+. I was trying everything out, but I now I only use the 2+, which is enough for me to zoom in on the GG and there is no vignetting.

Stefan Immler April 20th, 2008 05:25 PM

Gary -- Can you post pictures how the setup looks like? The depth of field and colors are great!

Waldemar Winkler April 20th, 2008 07:09 PM

So, this is all fine and great, but just how does one adapt any 35mm lens to a 46mm filter thread?

Gary Colon April 21st, 2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldemar Winkler (Post 864199)
So, this is all fine and great, but just how does one adapt any 35mm lens to a 46mm filter thread?

The lens is a 28-200mm Canon telephoto lens which goes into a Canon lens adapter thats screwed into 55mm Canon extension tubes. The 55mm extension tubes go into a 46mm-55mm step up ring which screws into the 46mm JVC GZ-HD7 filter size.

Gary Colon April 21st, 2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan Immler (Post 864147)
Gary -- Can you post pictures how the setup looks like? The depth of field and colors are great!

Hey, out of everything Ive done, taking pictures of the actual device setup is the one thing I havent yet to do! I just read this, so I will take pictures hopefully tonight and upload them tomorrow (Tuesday).

Gary Colon April 21st, 2008 03:30 PM

If anybody is wondering/asking, right now its static. Im using Daniel Sch. GG holders and he's on vacationbut right before he left I was able to order the last 2 holders he had in stock (they happened to be static only). Once he gets back, Ill be purchasing the vibrating holder. Soon soon it will be complete!

Gary Colon April 23rd, 2008 07:33 PM

Here are the pictures of the 35mm Adapter for the JVC GZ-HD7. Its a Sigma 28-200mm lens, Canon Extension Tubes, Daniel Schweinerts GG Holder and a 4+ Macro lens at the beginning. The GG is DIY with glass Microscope Slides. Anymore questions, ask!

/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02697.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02701.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02699.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02706.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02707.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02705.JPG

Crap....I have no clue how to add photos...help anyone?

Mark Cinense December 30th, 2008 09:39 AM

Hey Gary,

do you still have your HD7? Can you update this thread with videos on Vimeo and pictures of your setup. If you need space I can post it up on my server.

also, I was wondering if there are any issues with strength of the lens and what not on the mount point?

thanks,

Mark Cinense