Everio and SDcards at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:01 PM   #1
Trustee
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 1,029
Everio and SDcards

I am thinking of getting 2 eveiros for cover shots for my GY-HD100s. I was planning on using the internal hard drive but I see they use SD cards too. Can they shoot video on those cards too or are they just for stills? Which Eveiro is best just for a static cover shot in a church? I do weddings.

thanks
Randy
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #2
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
I am thinking of getting 2 eveiros for cover shots for my GY-HD100s. I was planning on using the internal hard drive but I see they use SD cards too. Can they shoot video on those cards too or are they just for stills? Which Eveiro is best just for a static cover shot in a church? I do weddings.

thanks
Randy
Randy,

Yes, you can record video too on SDHC cards, but camera allows you only 1440 x 1080 recording, you can not record 1920 x 1080. I have never use SD cards I always use internal HDD.

I have JVC GZHD7 and here is my profile on vimeo if you would like to see my posted videos: http://vimeo.com/user318721/videos

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Trustee
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 1,029
Thanks. I want one to be a cover shot for a GY-HD100 in a 2 camera wedding ceremony the GY-HD100 only does 720p itself so I can use SP fine. Actually im going to need 2 I think for this application I can get away with the GZ-HD 3 unless you guys think I should opt for the 7?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
Thanks. I want one to be a cover shot for a GY-HD100 in a 2 camera wedding ceremony the GY-HD100 only does 720p itself so I can use SP fine. Actually im going to need 2 I think for this application I can get away with the GZ-HD 3 unless you guys think I should opt for the 7?
Forget GZHD3, GZHD7 is the best, however you can consider new GZHD6 here is link: http://hdeverio.jvc.com/
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #5
Trustee
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 1,029
What makes the 3 inferior image? Low light? Im only going to have it sit on a tripod and record a wide shot.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #6
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Johnson View Post
What makes the 3 inferior image? Low light? Im only going to have it sit on a tripod and record a wide shot.
See here the differences between HD7 vs HD3:
http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp...Id=141&page=15

And see here the diffrences between HD5 vs HD6:
http://hdeverio.jvc.com/spec.html

If I would be in your situation then I would have gone for HD6, becuse it is latest model and have some more features! Select HD7 or HD6, you will be happy!

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Durango, Colorado, USA
Posts: 711
I, too, shoot weddings. I feel the HD7's would accommodate your cover shots well. I also think they may come in quite handy elsewhere in the wedding shoot process.

Look to Cokin P series filters and lens hoods. Significantly more flexible the the original hood.
__________________
Waldemar
Waldemar Winkler is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network