DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/)
-   -   HD7 vs HD6 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/119943-hd7-vs-hd6.html)

Stefan Immler April 21st, 2008 07:09 PM

HD7 vs HD6

I just noticed that some of the largest retailers (e.g., BestBuy and Circuit City) have taken the HD7 out of their online and store inventory, and the HD6 has been added. So is the HD6 the successor to the HD7? I had thought that the HD7 was still the high-end model of JVC's consumer HD camcorder line.

Has someone tried the HD6 yet and what's the verdict?

Steve Mullen April 21st, 2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan Immler (Post 864952)
I just noticed that some of the largest retailers (e.g., BestBuy and Circuit City) have taken the HD7 out of their online and store inventory, and the HD6 has been added. So is the HD6 the successor to the HD7? I had thought that the HD7 was still the high-end model of JVC's consumer HD camcorder line.

Has someone tried the HD6 yet and what's the verdict?

The HD7 is still the best!

Stefan Immler April 21st, 2008 07:17 PM

So what's the main difference between the HD6 and the HD7? The HD6 has a bigger hard drive, is smaller than the HD7, and they improved the image stabilization. That's it, right? Same lens, same manual controls and focus, same sensors, ...

So why is the HD7 still the best in your opinion?

Kaushik Parmar April 21st, 2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan Immler (Post 864957)
So what's the main difference between the HD6 and the HD7? The HD6 has a bigger hard drive, is smaller than the HD7, and they improved the image stabilization. That's it, right? Same lens, same manual controls and focus, same sensors, ...

So why is the HD7 still the best in your opinion?

So far HD7 is premium model from JVC, HD6 has 120GB HDD and 1080P output.
But still HD6 lacks some of features which are in HD7, like you do not have Pro like focus ring, it is so beautiful love to hold and turn it is so smooth! Electronic view finder is missing in HD6 & HD5! And yes HD6 has X.V color technology ,which produce acurate colours!

And yes, main feature in HD6 messing is direct Manual control, in HD7 all buttons for Manual settings are out side, and in HD6 they are in menu control, I guess HD7 score very high here at this manual controls!

Follow this link: http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp...Id=141&page=15

Follow this link: http://hdeverio.jvc.com/spec.html

You should consider HD7 right now.

Kaushik Parmar April 25th, 2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar (Post 864978)
But still HD6 lacks some of features which are in HD7, like you do not have Pro like focus ring, it is so beautiful love to hold and turn it is so smooth! Electronic view finder is missing in HD6 & HD5! And yes HD6 has X.V color technology ,which produce acurate colours!

And yes, main feature in HD6 messing is direct Manual control, in HD7 all buttons for Manual settings are out side, and in HD6 they are in menu control, I guess HD7 score very high here at this manual controls!

Follow this link: http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp...Id=141&page=15

Follow this link: http://hdeverio.jvc.com/spec.html

You should consider HD7 right now.

What is X. V. Colour?

With X. V. Colour you can capture more out of life! It conforms to xvYCC, an international standard for colour space in videos endorsed by the IEC ( International Electrotechnical Commission), reproducing every tone, depth and detail in full intensity to ensure the moving images are more life-like than conventional sRGB colours.

Some more details:

More Tones: x.v.Colour reproduces a far wider range of previously unseen colours to captivate the world with richer tonality.

More Depth: x.v.Colours has been shown to capture almost 1.8 times more colours of the conventional sRGB standard. The intensity of the colours is visibly apparent when zoom in.

More Details: x.v.Colours ensures a wider spectrum of colours reproduced, so that the minutest colours details are revealed with great accuracy.

It’s really interesting that JVC GZHD6 has this feature in it! I guess Sony HDR SR10 is also having this feature!

So far I have not seen any videos captured by GZHD6, I would really appreciate if some one can upload some videos from JVC GZHD6, and so then we can feel the use of x.v.Colours.

Kaushik

Paolo Isa June 8th, 2008 10:24 AM

HD7 vs HD6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar (Post 864978)

Ciao, I'm Paolo from Italy.

I'm searching for my first camcorder.
The JVC HD7 was my first choise but in Italy it's very hard to find it.
I'm moving to HD6 (about the same price) but I'm not sure this could be the best decision.

I have three possibilities :
1. Try to find the HD7 in some online store
2. Buy the HD6
3. Buy the Sony HDR SR12E

Have you any suggestion ?

Regards.

Paolo

Kaushik Parmar June 9th, 2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolo Isa (Post 889903)
Ciao, I'm Paolo from Italy.

I'm searching for my first camcorder.
The JVC HD7 was my first choise but in Italy it's very hard to find it.
I'm moving to HD6 (about the same price) but I'm not sure this could be the best decision.

I have three possibilities :
1. Try to find the HD7 in some online store
2. Buy the HD6
3. Buy the Sony HDR SR12E

Have you any suggestion ?

Regards.

Paolo

Any of above you can buy, all are good. HD7 is premium model from JVC, it has some fantastic features. HD6 has 120GB HDD, x. v. color technology and 1080p output (not recording). Sony SR12 is also good camera.

I am proude owner of JVC GZ-HD7, I am very much satiesfied. I guess maybe you must have seen my uploaded videos, here is link of my uploaded videos if you wouild like to see them: http://www.vimeo.com/user318721

Kaushik

Paolo Isa June 12th, 2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar (Post 890595)
Any of above you can buy, all are good. HD7 is premium model from JVC, it has some fantastic features. HD6 has 120GB HDD, x. v. color technology and 1080p output (not recording). Sony SR12 is also good camera.

I am proude owner of JVC GZ-HD7, I am very much satiesfied. I guess maybe you must have seen my uploaded videos, here is link of my uploaded videos if you wouild like to see them: http://www.vimeo.com/user318721

Kaushik

I have already seen your videos :-)

Do you think JVC is preparing a new model with feature of HD6 + HD7 ?

Paolo

Kaushik Parmar June 12th, 2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolo Isa (Post 891983)
I have already seen your videos :-)

Do you think JVC is preparing a new model with feature of HD6 + HD7 ?

Paolo

Oh! If that would happen, I will grab new model! Maybe we will see HD8 or HD10 something, who knows? But HD7 is fantastic camera no doubt!

Kaushik

Steve Mullen June 12th, 2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan Immler (Post 864952)
I just noticed that some of the largest retailers (e.g., BestBuy and Circuit City) have taken the HD7 out of their online and store inventory, ...

This is not the time of year JVC typically announces top-of-the line camcorders. I'm afraid given the economy, JVC will focus on going cheaper. It looks like $1,000 is about the maximum and I'm not sure they can make the "HD9" we want for that price.

The way the Japanese work is they order a quantity of units -- say about 25,000 -- from a factory -- often not part of JVC itself. The goal is to sell all these units. When they are gone--they are gone.

That's doesn't mean there aren't lots of units "in-channel" so I'm sure you can find one.

PS: I'm working on a SR12 book. Yes -- it records great pix. But, it has VERY few manual controls and a horrible 4-level deep touchscreen menu system. If you really want an HD7 -- you'll hate it!

Right now, only Panasonic's $4,000 AG-HMC-150 coming this fall looks like it matches the HD7. But, this costs REALLY a lot of money! I'll need to sell my HD7, HDV VTR, and all my cats to raise this money. :)

Claus Bier June 12th, 2008 09:05 PM

Additionally, I have the feeling that the more dumbed down a model is, the better the sales. <sarcasm>Who needs manual controls in any way? </sarcasm>

The HD7 is simply overkill for consumers, aka soccer moms.

Steve Mullen June 12th, 2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus Bier (Post 892329)
Additionally, I have the feeling that the more dumbed down a model is, the better the sales. <sarcasm>Who needs manual controls in any way? </sarcasm>

The HD7 is simply overkill for consumers, aka soccer moms.

Over on the AVCHD list I'm being beaten-up because I criticized the total lack of shutter control on the SR11. They claim that consumers don't need or want manual controls. If this is the majority feeling, we may never see an HD9.

Tom Cadwalader June 13th, 2008 07:00 AM

Need help deciding

The more I look into the HD camcorder thing, the closer I get to the JVC line up. I do't think I want to jump into the AVCH thing.
The JVC website still shows the GZ-HD7 in their product line and it has a MSRP $300 more than the GZ-HD6. I have been to online sales sites and both cameras seem to be available and for very good prices.
My dilemma is the HD6 or HD7. I think the image stabilization upgrade on the HD6 might be important to me as I hand hold most of the time. I would also want to add the telephoto lens for capturing wildlife clips. But....I sure like the looks of the HD7 and it has a good track record for dependability from what I have read. (I still have a 10 year old JVC VHS that is still working perfectly)
So with the HD6 I gain more memory and better stabilization, what do I give up by not going with the HD7, besides a very cool looking camera. Are the manual controls that big a deal? I have no idea.
Has anyone on this forum used both camera yet?

Kaushik Parmar June 13th, 2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Cadwalader (Post 892487)
The more I look into the HD camcorder thing, the closer I get to the JVC line up. I do't think I want to jump into the AVCH thing.
The JVC website still shows the GZ-HD7 in their product line and it has a MSRP $300 more than the GZ-HD6. I have been to online sales sites and both cameras seem to be available and for very good prices.
My dilemma is the HD6 or HD7. I think the image stabilization upgrade on the HD6 might be important to me as I hand hold most of the time. I would also want to add the telephoto lens for capturing wildlife clips. But....I sure like the looks of the HD7 and it has a good track record for dependability from what I have read. (I still have a 10 year old JVC VHS that is still working perfectly)
So with the HD6 I gain more memory and better stabilization, what do I give up by not going with the HD7, besides a very cool looking camera. Are the manual controls that big a deal? I have no idea.
Has anyone on this forum used both camera yet?

Tom,

I can tell you one thing JVC GZ-HD7, rules on its manual controls, they are indeed fantastic, after using it for more that one year now I realize & understand what manual settings & controls are why they are so important!

And a good thing is they are well placed outside, you do not need to go in menu control, and you can directly access them!

HD6 has more capacity, 120GB, and it has new x. v. color technology, and yes 1080p output.

You wrote you will have good OIS if you buy HD6, it maybe true, but what I believe is OIS in HD7 is perfect maybe less effective, but I am very much happy with it. Maybe you have seen my videos, uploaded on vimeo, if you would like to see them here is link: http://www.vimeo.com/user318721/videos

You can not compare HD7 & HD6, HD7 is premium model from JVC, it has all manual controls, focusing ring, viewfinder etc. you will not get all these functions in HD6.

HD7 is fantastic camera, no doubt. Go for it; buy with confident, I am sure you will not disappoint!

Kaushik