Some uploaded clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old June 4th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Some uploaded clips

Some better examples of my title sequences for the forthcoming film PEARL.

http://www.vimeo.com/user506080/videos

Shot with the JVC GZ HD7, these are more styling exercises for the forthcoming film PEARL. The grey smoke of incense sticks is catching the sunlight with the camera on a tungsten light white balance setting causing the smoke to be a rather attractive shade of blue. This was later graded in FCP to a Fiery bronze and there's a teal blue version too.

Slowed to 30% motion and with titles overlayed in Trajan Pro.

In hindsight, a faster shutter speed would have led to a smoother slow motion effect and also, I should have used a board with some writing on or something, set slightly behind where the smoke was to be, then I could have got a more accurate focus. Still, the effect is quite hypnotic I think.

The PEARL TITLES film clip was an exercise in getting short depth of field in close up with the HD7. It was the smoke in this clip that led me to do the smoke clips.

Shot in manual Aperture Priority mode at F2. 10x zoom on the PEARL TITLES and 4x I think on the SMOKE clips.

Music is for position only and not intended for the finished project.

I doubt that any of these will be used in the end, but they were created to show to our cameraman the kind of atmosphere I wanted for the opening of the film PEARL.

Last edited by Wayne Avanson; June 4th, 2008 at 04:28 PM.
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Beautifully done. Although I don't know the background of your movie, I, as a chain smoker, prefer the blue smoke. ;-)

Will the final product be available somewhere? The title promises a lot....
Claus Bier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Major Player

The film will be an amateur film, not really for release anywhwere. We'll be putting it into festivals/competitions like the IAF's BIAFF here in England and the Guernsey Lily, etc etc.

Lots of work to do before then though.
Wayne Avanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I guess even a Spielberg started out as an amateur somewhen....
Festivals? Sounds fun!
Claus Bier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series