Handheld microphone for interviews on JVC GZ-HD3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Handheld microphone for interviews on JVC GZ-HD3

I would like to know any ideas on what I should be looking at for those time when I want to use a wired or wireless interview microphone. The type that reporters once used in the field.

This is so that people can speak without so much ambient noise being recorded alongside the video.

My RODE Video Stereo Microphone does the job outdoors but I dont like it indoors at all.

Please feel free to suggest any brands or makes. I know the prices can vary enormously. I was hoping to get something useful and practical without it being so expensive that I would get upset if someone dropped it.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Major Player

The ElectroVoice RE50 is used in most news stations. It's rugged enough to be used in the field and still gives great audio. For an omni-directional model you should also look at the ElectroVoice 635A.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Carlson View Post
The ElectroVoice RE50 is used in most news stations. It's rugged enough to be used in the field and still gives great audio. For an omni-directional model you should also look at the ElectroVoice 635A.
I use an EV 635. Not sure if it is an "A" version or not. I found it at an outdoor party venue some 15 years ago when I was working at a resort hotel. The poor thing had been dropped, forgotten, and left out all winter. The exterior had a fine coat of rust. I cleaned it up, plugged into a PA, and it worked flawlessly. Still use it.
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Carlson View Post
Thanks for the advice. Now just to be sure I need to be sitting down when I look at the price ?
Old June 24th, 2008, 06:33 AM   #5
Major Player

can find them for for a great price if you look around...

info:
http://www.electrovoice.com/products/100.html

-JS
John Stakes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series