HD7 Capturing with Premiere Pro CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old September 20th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #1
New Boot

HD7 Capturing with Premiere Pro CS3

Guys, I'm doing a bit of research before I commit to a Camcorder and NLE. The focus point has been on the HD7 and currently Adobe Premiere Pro CS 3. Formerly it has been FCP but are enticed by the Adobe Creative Suite bundles.

Now I also have the JVC GZ-HD7 Production and Post-production Handbook, thank you Mr Mullen!

Question is, Premiere doesn't Capture Full HD (1080p) natively though Captures HDV. 1920x1080i VBR and 1440x1080 CBR both don't constitute Full HD 1080p. Would I have problems native capturing either of these formats with Premiere?

Aaron
Aaron Mulqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #2
New Boot

Re-mux to MPEG

Ummm... what's better Square 5 MPEG Steamclip 1.2 or CineForm Aspect HD v5? (Is QT Pro 7.55.90.70 compatible with Steamclip 1.2?)

Or better yet, can I shoot 1080i VBR and convert using CineForm Prospect HD 1920x1080 import to Premiere CS3?

All this said, what's better quality wise, Capture iLink 1440x1080 HDV or Import Re-muxed MPEG 1920x1080?

Or does Premiere still require native HDV 1440x1080 even for importing without a Capture Card?

Aaron
Old October 3rd, 2008, 02:58 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi

Hello,

was wondering if you have bought a JVC camera or not?
I'm going through the options myself at the moment, but more from an amateur point of view.
If you've got one, maybe I could pick your brain regarding some of its features?

Cheers, Petra.
Petra Alsbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra Alsbach View Post
Hello,

was wondering if you have bought a JVC camera or not?
I'm going through the options myself at the moment, but more from an amateur point of view.
If you've got one, maybe I could pick your brain regarding some of its features?

Cheers, Petra.
Petra Alsbach,

I am using JVC GZ-HD7 since last one and half year, and I am fully saitesfied with it. I would be happy to tell you about GZ-HD7. What you know about this camera?

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 12:28 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Kauschik

I'm looking for a camera to record music bands live.

So far I have used a small point and shoot with video function, but want to get something better. I need to be able to control the focus and aperture manually, and want it small enough to use in a crowd.

From what I have seen, I like that the JVC has a proper focus ring, but I'm not sure how it handles the challenging light situations of a live performance.

I saw in another post that you've done a lot of footage, would you have something like this? Unfortunately my internet connection is too slow to go through all the links that you have posted. I have got a range of clips on my Myspace site, if you care to look ( petra911), to get an idea of what I'll be doing with it.

Thanks,
Petra.

PS: Sorry Aaron for hijacking the thread.
Petra Alsbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM   #6
New Boot

Petra your contribution has kick started this lifeless thread, so your questions are most welcome.

To be honest, I'm a hobbyist at best and are still yet to purchase the HD7. I want to be sure that it's the right combination (Camcorder and NLE). And this means lots and lots of research of both Camcorder, NLE and third party applications like CineForm's Aspect HD (Digital Intermediate Accelerator). There's a bit to process.

Regarding the HD7 itself, I personally found Mr Mullen's Handbook to be very helpful.

Aaron

Last edited by Aaron Mulqueen; October 3rd, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM   #7
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar View Post
Petra Alsbach,

I am using JVC GZ-HD7 since last one and half year, and I am fully saitesfied with it. I would be happy to tell you about GZ-HD7. What you know about this camera?

Kaushik
Kaushik, you are using CyberLink -- correct? If so, are you able to pull long FullHD clips off of the disk and edit them. Like 1 hour long clips.
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra Alsbach View Post
I'm looking for a camera to record music bands live.

So far I have used a small point and shoot with video function, but want to get something better. I need to be able to control the focus and aperture manually, and want it small enough to use in a crowd.

From what I have seen, I like that the JVC has a proper focus ring, but I'm not sure how it handles the challenging light situations of a live performance.

I saw in another post that you've done a lot of footage, would you have something like this? Unfortunately my internet connection is too slow to go through all the links that you have posted. I have got a range of clips on my Myspace site, if you care to look ( petra911), to get an idea of what I'll be doing with it.

Thanks,
Petra.
Petra,

I have gone through one of your video, I can tell you, you will be very much happy with GZ-HD7. Yes, manual controls on HD7 are fantastic! I have done last year some night shooting and posted some videos on vimeo, if you would like to see them here is link:
Navaratri 2007, in Ahmedabad city of India on Vimeo
Iscon Mall, Ahmedabad on Vimeo

I would like to clarify here that, these videos were captured very initially when I was new with my HD7, means I have not explored proper its features, but now I understand HD7 fully and can capture much better videos than previous!

And I never used tripod, but now I have desire to use it, so then my videos look more professional.

And try to see my other videos as well if you have time, again I would say you will be pleased with GZ-HD7, it’s my guarantee, I am confident!

And if you wish you can wait for some time, maybe JVC will come out with replacement of HD7, I am forward to look replacement of HD7.

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:33 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
Kaushik, you are using CyberLink -- correct? If so, are you able to pull long FullHD clips off of the disk and edit them. Like 1 hour long clips.
Yes, I am using PD7, and able to pull out long clip and able to edit 1 hour video as well. But I would like to tell you that, I have Ulead 11 Plus and CS3 Pro as well but cannot do same, I stop using them, and so I keep telling everybody CyberLink's PD7 is fantastic for beginners, like me. And PD7 Ultra looks now professional kind, still CyberLink will have to work hard, but from my side full marks to them for this PD7, indeed it is fantastic! I recommend everybody who are beginner should use this! And off course I am looking forward, when CyberLink will launch real pro style software like CS3 Pro, in fact I wrote them about this and I got message that it is been in process!

But I definitely would like to use CS3 Pro, and for that I will have to buy another powerful Laptop.

My current configuration is as below:

Intel Core 2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz
Memory (RAM): 2GB
System Type; 32-bit Vista
HDD: 160GB
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series