JVC GZ-HD30 - does it have the option to capture in DV as well as HD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Trustee

JVC GZ-HD30 - does it have the option to capture in DV as well as HD?

I am wondering if the JVC GZ-HD30 has the option to capture in both DV or HD? Right now I am deciding whether a computer is going to be able to handle the High Definition video. If not, I would still like to get the computer, but use it for DV until I get another system for the HD.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Trustee

I guess capture isn't the right term, how about Recording - can you record in DV mode rather than HDV?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 12:50 AM   #3
New Boot

By DV, do you mean Standard Definition?
If so, the answer is no. The GZ-HD30/40 records only in High Definition, however, they do record on either MPEG-2 TS or AVCHD format, allowing a flexible choice for your editing programs & hopefully a bit more freedom with your PC Specs. Recommended Specs are Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz [or equivalent] with 1GB ram (though I personally suggest at least 2GB)
Most computers meet the basic requirements, however the more juice you have, the better it will run, I suggest get the most powerful PC that’s within your budget :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series