News for 2009 from JVC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old January 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Tourist

News for 2009 from JVC

NEW JVC EVERIO LINE OFFERS A COMPACT, STYLISH CAMCORDER TO MEET EVERY NEED

1080p/60 .....
Bert van Horck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert van Horck View Post
1080p/60 .....

Not recording, just in-camera deinterlacing to progressive... huuuge difference!
(If it was on recording, it would need almost double the bitrate and therefore the file size too -but it would worth it!)
Ken Johnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Johnes View Post
Not recording, just in-camera deinterlacing to progressive... huuuge difference!
(If it was on recording, it would need almost double the bitrate and therefore the file size too -but it would worth it!)
Then go for new GY-HM100!
MacVideo - Camera Technology - Features - JVC introduce the GY-HM100; the world's first camera to record high quality native QuickTime files for immediate editing within Final Cut Pro
MacVideo - Camera Technology - Interviews - Craig Yanagi, National Marketing Manager, JVC USA, talks about the GY-HM100
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar View Post
Then go for new GY-HM100!
Actually no, GY-HM100 cannot record 1080p50/60 either!

But, I like it very much, thanx! It must be an amazing little camera to have, just 1.4kg with professional features, quality and instant workflow (at least for Macs using Final Cut Pro) writing at 35Mbit/s on SDHC cards! It reminds me the JVC JY-HD10U, the first HDV "Pro" camcorder (which I still have -as a collector's piece of course), it's the same form factor.

This is a *very* clever move for JVC to focus on the consumer's needs and do a proper research to find out these needs and also to collaborate with Apple!
Congrats to JVC! :)
Ken Johnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:26 AM   #5
Major Player

Then buy this: Digital camera | TOP : VPC-HD2000 | SANYO

Yes I am also looking forward to see it, well done JVC, and what is your opinion on Sanyo's small wonder and Full HD 1080p first ever consumer camera?

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:29 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I've seen a raw sample from the previous model DMX-HD1000 with slow moving subjects which was sharp and of high quality, but on another one with much motion on the frame it was unacceptable -because the bitrate (in both clips) was only about 12Mbs!

Fortunately, on the 2000 model they doubled the bitrate (at full quality), so I expect it to be a very good tiny camcorder! I'm looking forward for some raw samples from this one.

Of course the JVC we were talking, is of another class (Pro) with a different format (HDV), manual controls, 3CCD, better lens etc and obviously it will deliver higher quality pictures, but Sanyo DMX-HD2000, for its class, with the advantage of 1080p60, will be unique!
It's AVCHD format will be a bit easier to edit than a AVCHD interlaced model, with much less artifacts since it is progressive, but compared to HDV models, it will require a more powerfull PC and an NLE with "smart rendering" to avoid taking ages. The only problem I see is it's lens (44.4mm @35mm equivalent) with it's lack of wide-angle support (we can't have it all). Anyway, 1080p60 is a totally different world! EDIT: Not to mention that in low (Web) resolutions it offers 240fps @ 448 x 336 and 600fps @ 192x108 for high-speed shooting experiments!
Ken Johnes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series